Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Who / Star Trek Crossover Comic Series!

Options
  • 11-02-2012 1:56pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭

According to this, IDW are going to publish a 'Doctor Who'/'Star Trek' crossover comic book series...
    Details are in the post but the picture sums it best:
    DoctorWhoStarTrekCrossover-thumb-330x506-83196.jpg
    This has the potential to be cringe inducing but it might work. Not sure how they'll work it into the show's admittedly loose canon (parallel universe probably) but there's certainly room for some fun - assuming this actually comes to fruition.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

ixoy wrote: »
    According to this, IDW are going to publish a 'Doctor Who'/'Star Trek' crossover comic book series...
    Details are in the post but the picture sums it best:
    DoctorWhoStarTrekCrossover-thumb-330x506-83196.jpg
    This has the potential to be cringe inducing but it might work. Not sure how they'll work it into the show's admittedly loose canon (parallel universe probably) but there's certainly room for some fun - assuming this actually comes to fruition.

Heh!

I was thinking of the Enterprise during last year's Christmas special, the star-liner that Amy and Rory were honeymooning had a pretty similar bridge. That and all the blue lens flair from the recent ST reboot all over it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah I was reading about this over on io9 today; mad stuff. Though remarkably not the craziest ST crossover there has been - apparently there have been a slew of crossovers, including the x-men turning up in one.

Tell you what though - really shows how popular Who has become stateside that such a thing is going to happen. A real testament to the production team.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah I was reading about this over on io9 today; mad stuff. Though remarkably not the craziest ST crossover there has been - apparently there have been a slew of crossovers, including the x-men turning up in one.

Tell you what though - really shows how popular Who has become stateside that such a thing is going to happen. A real testament to the production team.

They're being referenced in NCIS and other primetime shows. The TARDIS also featured in a nationally syndicated newspaper comic strip a few weeks back. A friend of mine in Atlanta is in her element, I remember a few years ago I had to buy a sonic screwdriver in Argos and post it over to her for her son's birthday because she couldn't get one anywhere. She got the new one in her local department store a few months ago.

The Doctor meets JLP, I think I had a dream like that once. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

*bump*

Saw this over on HotUKDeals

DW-ST01_cover_FORBIDENPLANET.jpg.size-580_maxheight-580_square-true.jpg

STK465047.jpg.size-580_maxheight-580_square-true.jpg

MAR120315.jpg.size-580_maxheight-580_square-true.jpg

cover of third issue (apparently) looks like it contains spoilers, so didnt image link. Looks awesome tho :pac:
    http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2qfj0BpVZ1qijoeyo1_1280.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

As a recent convert to comic books, this has me more interested now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I picked this up on release day. The last page is very interesting in how it links up the DW universe to the Star Trek universe.

Hopefully the standard keeps up and the story doesn't slip from here... I wonder when #2 is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Where can I get it in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭MrVestek

nicowa wrote: »
    Where can I get it in Dublin?
    Forbidden Planet had it on release day, I'm sure they still have copies left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

You could just get it on comixology if you're not pushed about owning a physical copy - only $4 that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Issue 1 is down to $1.99 on Comixology now if you don't mind digital.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

pixelburp wrote: »

I have the x-men one, better than most ST comics

Advertisement