Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile - Data Bundle Sim Only ?

Options
  • 11-02-2012 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi - the tescomobile website for data bundles says that "you can add a data bundle to your Pay as you go or Capped monthly plan. "

Is it not possible to get a data bundle ann-on for Sim-only plans ?

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Annoyingly, no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 natlu2809

thats a drag, but in the spirit of O2 I 'spose

would it be possible to do a e10 capped deal, pay for a 1gb data bundle from that and still have e23.01 for calls (remainder of bonus mins) and text each month ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I remember querying this and the answer is no.
    The "capped" plan is you pay €10 monthly which gives you €30 of "bonus credit" but the bonus credit only covers domestic calls and texts so if you wanted a 1GB add-on you'd need to top-up further and buy the add-on from that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

A 3 prepay data only sim would be your best bet...if it works in your area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

We will be enabling bundle addon functionality to all Pay Monthly plans in the next month or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 natlu2809

Thanks for the info and suggestions.

Paul - will that include Sim Only plans ?

SpongeBob - Im looking for a post pay plan - need invoices - and I dont think I can get invoices for prepay on any network.

I only need a small outbound call allowance, a number (so data only sim not for me) and use more data than calls/texts. Would like if Tesco did more than a 1gb bundle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Tesco do a Sim Only €70 ( inc Vat) a month plan that will give you 10,000 any network minutes and 15Gb data. Thats about 3 solid days of yabbering a month. They should produce a monthly invoice for that.

However their data speed is capped at max 1mbit under the terms of their deal with O2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

natlu2809 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info and suggestions.

Paul - will that include Sim Only plans ?

SpongeBob - Im looking for a post pay plan - need invoices - and I dont think I can get invoices for prepay on any network.

I only need a small outbound call allowance, a number (so data only sim not for me) and use more data than calls/texts. Would like if Tesco did more than a 1gb bundle.

Yes all pay monthly plans

Advertisement