Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LINSANITY !!!

Options
  • 11-02-2012 6:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Lakers at Knicks

Jeremy Lin
    6'2'' on a court with 3 seven footers ...takin EVERYBODY to the hole and breakin ankles left right and centre...head fakes ball fakes no lookies dunkin passin alley oops ****in 360 spins loada 3 point foul draws unbelievable - scored nearly 40 ****in points!! 3 pointers for fun.... looked better than Kobe who ended up havin a really good game... dam I hope everybody saw this kid last night.. not missin a knicks game while he's in and on fire.. and I don't even watch bball usually..

http://www.vigilantsports.com/2012/02/10/what-a-story-this-jeremy-lin/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Going to be interesting to see what happens when Amare and Melo return, he definitely won't get as many shots or drives, and will be reduced to a passing PG. I really like his play over the last 3/4 games but last night vs the Lakers he was against probably the worst PG's in the league in Fisher and Steve Blake. I can't see him continuing the amazing play against the Westbrooks and Rose's of the NBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

he'll get a loada games before theyre back and if this streak continues nobody's gona rock that boat especially at the Knicks... they need this big time.. he made the pgs look ordinary not just by breakin ankles but by breakin spirits and lifting the crowd last night... could do that anywhere with a performance like last night but now everybody knows what he's got.. will that be enough to plan how to deal with him? double teaming him didn't work... you gota put a body on this kid all night and then also surprise double team him irratically and don't let him down the paint at ya to draw fouls against your big men.. he's a conundrum.. let's see how it plays out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Ignorant comments from big mouth Mayweather wrt Lin:
    Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian. Black players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise

ah to be fair they (everyone else mostly black) actually don't have a week like he's just had very often so he's due some props but yeah sure he's gettin hype coz he's different...and that aint easy.. therefore it's qualified... as everybody knows... if he continues to ball like he's been then it'll continue if not then they'll call it hype and knock him down off the pedestal THEY put him on.... don't hate

#15 wrote: »
    Ignorant comments from big mouth Mayweather wrt Lin:

ah to be fair they (everyone else mostly black) actually don't have a week like he's just had very often so he's due some props but yeah sure he's gettin hype coz he's different...and that aint easy.. therefore it's qualified... as everybody knows... if he continues to ball like he's been then it'll continue if not then they'll call it hype and knock him down off the pedestal THEY put him on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

That's my point though. Floyd is talking out of his ass. Anyone who had a run like Lin would be big news. Bringing race into it is idiotic.

yeah sorry was agreeing directed at Floyd the dick

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LongTail

Floyd talks some horse****. Ever see all the betting slips he uploads to twitter as well? Dick.

Great finish to last nights game against the raptors. Took it all on his shoulders with that 3 at the end. You knew it was going down as soon as he threw it up. The crowd went wild!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 wavey1990

Lin's scored 136 points in his first five starts, beating Iverson, Jordan and O'Neal for the most ever in that time. Whether he keeps producing or not, it'll be a long time before that record's broke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

Lafortezza wrote: »
    Going to be interesting to see what happens when Amare and Melo return, he definitely won't get as many shots or drives, and will be reduced to a passing PG.

Might be right to an extent. I dont think his scoring will drop by that much because Melo will draw defenders giving Lin more space to get to the basket. You cant send help from Melo so teams will find it hard to cover both. If the Knicks had a consistent 3 point shooter at the 2 guard then theyd cause serious problems.
    Also if Lin can control the tempo well he can rack up more assists by making sure to get Melo the ball in the right place rather than just giving it to him whenever he wants like what normally happens.

Id expect to see Stoudemire and Anthony's field goal percentage to increase also cos having that third weapon will really help them get more open shots in the right positions.

Realistically i cant see Lin keeping up such high numbers for the rest of the season, id say theyll take a bitve a dip after the all-star break but still you have to hand it to the guy for coming out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

check out the snl skit brilliant i find all there basketball ones are unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Haven't really seen a whole lot of him, but I'm watching the Knicks @ Heat now.

He's had a couple of costly TO's already (about 3 minutes in) one especially when they were 4-4, he tries to dribble past Chalmers in his own half and it gets stolen, Miami get a head of steam and a short while later Miami are up 10-4.

Hopefully he settles down soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Paully D wrote: »
    Haven't really seen a whole lot of him, but I'm watching the Knicks @ Heat now.

He's had a couple of costly TO's already (about 3 minutes in) one especially when they were 4-4, he tries to dribble past Chalmers in his own half and it gets stolen, Miami get a head of steam and a short while later Miami are up 10-4.

Hopefully he settles down soon.

Where are u watching that?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nice little highlight vid of him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Did you see @ 03:30 in that clip, there is a sign saying "The Yellow Mamba".
    Brilliant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya haha surely thats a but racist? :D

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya haha surely thats a but racist? :D

I thought so too but then again Black Mamba for Kobe is not taken that way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

i cant believe "yellow mamba" is ok but a man gets fired for chink in the armor i thought it was quite clever cant imagine it was ment as an insult

nerd69 wrote: »
    i cant believe "yellow mamba" is ok but a man gets fired for chink in the armor i thought it was quite clever cant imagine it was ment as an insult

Chink is a derogatory term though.

Quick question, has Lin been in an episode of the Simpsons yet?
    You know it's gonna happen!!!

Advertisement