Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: Macbook Air

Options
  • 10-02-2012 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey Guys,

Right quick question.

I have recently purchased a macbook air, and I love it. The look, functionality etc... Its a sexy piece of kit!

But I obviously have a week in which I can return it so I am trying to be extra hard on it to make sure its perfect for what I want.

One thing I do a lot is stream HD basketball live games using nba.tv league pass. I then hook my laptop to the tv using the "firebolt" or is it called thunderbolt port to dvi connection. When I used my macbook pro (2009 model) the picture was really good. When i use the macbook pro I think the picture is just as good, but I am a bit paranoid.

Is there any reason as to why the picture would be worse on a macbook air (4gb ram, 1.7ghz dual core) to my old macbook pro (2ghz dual core, 2gb ram).

And would it be worth my while buying the thunderbolt to hdmi port, would this make the picture better?

Thanks for your response in advance,

Niall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,157 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The HDMI might be a better quality if it's a 1.4 or something, but in all fairness you might just be getting paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

there would be no difference, as the source of the video, bit rates of audio and video and video resolution are the determinants of the quality not the hardware that would be the bottleneck .. in saying that the new Macbook air is well able to reproduce full 1080p with HD audio so.. Well DVI is the predecessor to HDMI.. it wouldn't improve the quality of the video but it would allow audio to be transferred (i've read there have been some issues with certain adapters but that could be fixed now it was a while ago) aswell as the video

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There'd be no difference between HDMI and DVI at all. Picture quality would be very similar between those two laptops as well. Stop worrying about it. :)

Advertisement