Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Idling High question?

Options
  • 10-02-2012 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

When i first got the bike I had a problem with the Battery, the garage i brought it to were chargin through the arse so they charged it up before i took it away so i could get it to another garage, only thing is at the time they turned the idle up to stop the bike from conking.

Since then ive had all the work done to it including the restrictors being put back in, but the bike is still idling high? I wouldve thought after the carbs were taken off and put back on this would have been adjusted or is it normal?

Its a 99 600 bandit, warmed up its idling about 2.5k revs, today it hit the 3k revs when in neutral and idling away. Is this too high and if so is it an easy fix? Ive been told its just a case of tightening or loosening a cable but im a novice when it comes to mechanical stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Theres a little knob on the carbs twist it anticlockwise to lower the revs.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

I should do that when the bike is warmed up and idling as it is now and turn them down then yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Yeah, just get it up to normal temperature, and then adjust it down to about 1100 rpm. Do it with the lights on.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

Did it this morning while giving the bike some tlc on the day off!! Took her for a good spin, turned on the lights and turned it down to about 1.5k, could have done with slightly smaller hands though! Thanks very much!

Advertisement