Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

toyota yaris problem

Options
  • 10-02-2012 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

I was driving homw yesturday, Pulled in to let out a friend I was giving a lift too.

I then noticed when I pulled out:
    My digital speed-o-meter went.
    front electric windows went.
    heater went.
    indicaters went.

I then brought it up to the local mechanic and explained to him what happened.

He put in a new fuse with the key turnd half way in the ignition.
    I then went to go home as everthing seemed fine. Turned the key fully and the all the above items went again.
    called him back. He then turned the key fully and turn on the car while switching the same fuse again. Everything worked then turned it off the ignition again and turned back on the car and all the stuff went again.

So the problem is when you put in a new fuse when the car is ticking over and not in gear. the speed-o-meter, heater, indicators, and front electric windows work. Its when you turn it off and on again the things go. He has no idea what the problem is. So Im hoping that you guys might have some idea to why this is happening.

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

He also checked the engine and all that. the car is a toyota yaris 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is there any metal or coins in the cigarette lighter socket? Could be causing it to blow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

for fear of stating the obvious. there must be a problem with the circuit that said fuse fuses.

start stripping, checking obvious areas for split wires etc?

does the mechanic not want the work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Is there any metal or coins in the cigarette lighter socket? Could be causing it to blow.

Not a thing, not even the cigarette lighter.
    andyseadog wrote: »
    for fear of stating the obvious. there must be a problem with the circuit that said fuse fuses.

start stripping, checking obvious areas for split wires etc?

does the mechanic not want the work?

Il had a alot of wires striped during luch today at work. But I couldent see any split wires.

I went up to him last night at 11.30 he was just finishing up for the night and he said that he would have a go at trying to find out the problem, but he couldent find the problem after that.

Advertisement