Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new tattoo, where should i go??

Options
  • 10-02-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hi
    i have decided to get this tattoo on my calf, i understand it may be difficult to do from just a picture but a variation of this even would be cool, but anyhow, i was wondering where would be best to go for this? around dublin carlow kildare areas would be best, i dont mind paying the extra bit if it means it will look good and clean, any help is greatly appreciated thanks http://www.tattoos99.com/tattoopics/body/leg/leg_tattoo_91.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

The artist who's done my last few pieces specializes in that kind of style, he is down in cork though.

301992_158020860895197_100000618534281_341099_1927841226_n.jpg

308680_289313551099260_100000618534281_933589_719394538_n.jpg

Just two examples from his facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

i have decided to get this tattoo on my calf

How does the calf feel about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png

:pac:

Could you link the artists FB page you got those off (Elbow)? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Elbow wrote: »

His shading/portraits aren't that great, but his linework tribal and other stuff is amazing.

• Advertisement

chin_grin wrote: »
    His shading/portraits aren't that great, but his linework tribal and other stuff is amazing.

I'm going to 1/2 agree with ya some of the photos aren't the best but i'm delighted with the way my Buddha turned out

246781_213441115353171_100000618534281_669911_7524772_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Please keep the trolling comments for a forum where they're welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

gdid wrote: »
    hi
    i have decided to get this tattoo on my calf, i understand it may be difficult to do from just a picture but a variation of this even would be cool, but anyhow, i was wondering where would be best to go for this? around dublin carlow kildare areas would be best, i dont mind paying the extra bit if it means it will look good and clean, any help is greatly appreciated thanks http://www.tattoos99.com/tattoopics/body/leg/leg_tattoo_91.jpg

There's a lad in Hacketstown who does my tatts, he's top class. Let me know if you want his email/phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gdid

cheers for all the replies, those tattos look good but cork is a bit too much of a trek for me, cheers though, and yeah if you could send me his number and e mail that would be great, does he have a site where i could see his work??
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

gdid wrote: »
    cheers for all the replies, those tattos look good but cork is a bit too much of a trek for me, cheers though, and yeah if you could send me his number and e mail that would be great, does he have a site where i could see his work??
    thanks

Sorry, been away this weekend. His email is <snip> and I'll PM you his number (just in case!) Let us know how it works out for ya. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Is that Phil that ran Skin Graffix on Abbey St. in Dublin years ago?

lord lucan wrote: »
    Is that Phil that ran Skin Graffix on Abbey St. in Dublin years ago?

Tis indeed, he was based in cobh until recently (still doing some appointments there as far as i know) but his new studio is just outside Dunmanway.

Tis indeed, he was based in cobh until recently (still doing some appointments there as far as i know) but his new studio is just outside Dunmanway.

Thanks. He did 4 of my tattoo's at Skin Graffix including 2 large Egyptian pieces on my back. Fantastic artist.

lord lucan wrote: »

Thanks. He did 4 of my tattoo's at Skin Graffix including 2 large Egyptian pieces on my back. Fantastic artist.

Any pics?

Any pics?

A couple just gone into the ISYM thread up top.:)

Advertisement