Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please, what to do with my dog tonight

Options
  • 10-02-2012 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

HI,

I've 3 dogs, ones old and likes her comforts, mostly lies inside on a duvet, preferably toasting herself by the fire.

We are away tonight, for one night, we rarely go anywahere.

So, my options are...

1. I have a friend coming at 6.30ish to feed dogs, turn on lights etc. The two younger dogs will sleep outside with access to a shed, they usually sleep in the utillity, but they'll be fine for one night. The same would apply to the old dog. My friend will return in morning to feed them and let them have access to utility again.

2. Same as above for the young dogs but my friend will bring my older dog, a rottie(neutered bitch) to her house for the night. My one has arthritis and sore paws. My friend also has a rottie bitch, old as well and would reallt look after my dog.

First I said yes, now i'm thinking my dog may be too anxious to spend a night away from her own mates. Would it be less cruel to let her sleep in the cold.

We'll be home by tommorrow afternoon.

what you think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Option 2 for me. One night isnt going to do much harm and if your older dog has arthritis id be more inclined to leave her inside no matter which house she's in. Your other 2 should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'd go with option 2.

Advertisement