Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

C5 1.6HDi Tourer - views

Options
  • 10-02-2012 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any info on these from an owners/drivers perspective.

Looking at a 2010 vtr+ nav spec one of these.
    2 questions Id have:

Long term reliability - how do they fare?
    1.6Hdi engine - is it a bit weedy for this size of car?

Ideally Id prefer the 2.0, but theres not many about in this country, and Im getting a fairly good deal on the 1.6 im looking at.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Anyone?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I have the 1.6 HDI in a new C4 (2011). I find it great but expected more in economy. Add a bigger car and I'm not sure what it would like

What are 2010's going for? I love the new shape c5 but not the tourer

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭The Tyre Dude

Not very scientific but a pal has one, loves it's comfort but he found the boot was not as large as he expected and he had repeated trouble with the Low tyre Pressure warning, but that is only on Exclusive models so won't effect you.

I think that are a great bus and a far from unreliable, if you can get 12 months warranty I'd go for it. Sat Nav spec is the one to have as well.

godtabh wrote: »
    I have the 1.6 HDI in a new C4 (2011). I find it great but expected more in economy. Add a bigger car and I'm not sure what it would like

What are 2010's going for? I love the new shape c5 but not the tourer

2010's seem to be priced anywhere from 17 to 21k for the vrt + nav model.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Try have a look at an exclusive, 2.0hdi and proper citroen suspension.
    But if you want one you will prob have to go to the uk.
    The 1.6 is a small bit weedy for that car (ok empty, but fill it up with people and stuff it'll struggle)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

If i was going for a C5 tourer i'd be after the newer 2.0 hdi which has 163 bhp under the bonnet...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 zeteckiller

the 1.6 hdi is adequate in the c5, wont set your world on fire but does the job. if you only fully load the car occasionally then there's no point getting the 2.0.

reliability wise, mazda, ford, suzuki, peugeot and a few others all use the same 1.6 hdi engine so they are fairly bullet proof, give it oil and filter every 12-15k and a fuel filter every 50-60k and it'll run away happily.

no hydraulic suspension to go wrong and just feels better built than the older model.

vtr+ nav is the best to go for, buy a black one, they look fab. (did a pre delivery check on black vtr+ nav saloon today, if only i had 29 grand)

oh, and chuck the wheel locking bolts in the bin the second you buy it.

the 1.6 hdi is adequate in the c5, wont set your world on fire but does the job. if you only fully load the car occasionally then there's no point getting the 2.0.

vtr+ nav is the best to go for, buy a black one, they look fab. (did a pre delivery check on black vtr+ nav saloon today, if only i had 29 grand)

oh, and chuck the wheel locking bolts in the bin the second you buy it.

Thanks for the info! Whats the story with the locking bolts though?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 zeteckiller

the locking studs are just really soft and are really easily damaged so its easier to take them off than try to chisel them off after they break.

Advertisement