Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Éireann online ticket mistake!

Options
  • 10-02-2012 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey, Im just wondering does anyone have any experience with mistakes on online tickets. I have booked a return ticket for this Sunday which should be from Cavan to Galway, however I didnt double check it and I put Galway to Cavan instead, is there any chance the bus driver will accept it? I really can't afford to buy a new ticket as it is 31 euro! Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The driver won't accept it but you should buy another ticket and then email bus eireann with the details of both and you'll get a refund. Its happened to me a couple of times so I'm extra careful now but their system is flawed because it is a static code calculation, I.e. The mac number depends on the outward characteristics instead of being a unique journey identifier.

I first discovered this flaw in an argument with a bus driver when I produced a copy of my booking for a return journey because I thought it was the equivalent of an airline booking reference that you can just produce at the check-in counter at either airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Happened to me before, booked a student ten journey instead of an adult ten journey. No difference in price. Got a refund into my bank account about 10 days later.

Advertisement