Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobe stretching

Options
  • 10-02-2012 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

So I had my lobes stretched up a few years ago (just to about 8mm or so, can't exactly remember) anyway I took them out and then last year decided I wanted to stretch up again. Only this time I had a lot of difficulty. Basically once I started stretching, even at about 3mm, I was getting a lot of clear liquid oozing out of the piercing. This would dry and kind of crack the skin around the piercing. I really want to stretch back up now but I'm scared of this happening again and I don't really understand why it happened the last time. I was using mainly stainless steel stretching tapers.

Any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

judgefudge wrote: »
    Hi guys,

So I had my lobes stretched up a few years ago (just to about 8mm or so, can't exactly remember) anyway I took them out and then last year decided I wanted to stretch up again. Only this time I had a lot of difficulty. Basically once I started stretching, even at about 3mm, I was getting a lot of clear liquid oozing out of the piercing. This would dry and kind of crack the skin around the piercing. I really want to stretch back up now but I'm scared of this happening again and I don't really understand why it happened the last time. I was using mainly stainless steel stretching tapers.

Any advice?

How far did they close and did you stretch to 3mm straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kast0r

what are you using to stretch and what if any lube are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

That sounds a bit severe. I'm stretching my ears up again for the third time in five years and it's going swimmingly.

Make sure you're using good jewellery and a sound method of stretching. I use a combination of PTFE tape and dead stretching. Slow and steady wins the race etc.

Advertisement