Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refused Credit card from BOI

Options
  • 09-02-2012 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭

I was refused BOI Credit card ,I have about 10k in my savings,i have fulltime job.Why would i be turned down,What can i do now?Can i appeal this?thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

It could be an automated decline. Which means it wasn't looked at and the computer just turned it down. I've was declined a loan with them despite clearing my previous loan early, a good credit history, job and savings. I went with another bank and got it within a couple of days. They seem to have a stricter lending policy then others. Try appeal it then try somewhere else.
    You could try a visa debit card as they are accepted as much as a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Or get a prepaid credit card and save being ripped off by them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Talk to someone in your local branch. I had a similar issue where they would have had no reason to refuse me but did anyways, a chat in-branch and they re-submitted my application with a supporting letter and I got one not long after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭fire_man

Thanks

Advertisement