Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fire service

Options
  • 09-02-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

hi as above am looking some info,, and am sure its all been covered before somewhere??
    am from louth me self an i do no its not easy to join,
    my previous job was in the irish defence forces done 5years and felt it was my time to leave, so any help would be much appreciated heres wat am looking so far but any input would also be great,

1,, is there an age limit?
    2,, whats the aptitude test like?
    3,, do you need a leaving cert?
    also what courses would be advantange

thanks in advance mc

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,703 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi there.

A LOT of the questions you have asked can be found if you just try using "Search this forum" over to the right hand side of the blue bar. You'll get answers much quicker than waiting for people to come online to answer you!

Either that, or flick back through a few of the related threads.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

http://irishfireservices.ie/employment

some good info here, good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

aptitude test is fairly tough goin is all timed and if you want more info on it go to www.publicjobs.ie and have look around there

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭morgan2009

aptitude test is fairly tough goin is all timed and if you want more info on it go to www.publicjobs.ie and have look around there

thanks mate,, not to much help round ere finding stuff and am very new and its a very big site:( lol, anyway am registered with public jobs, al have a look tomorrow thanks again,mc :)

morgan2009 wrote: »
    thanks mate,, not to much help round ere finding stuff and am very new and its a very big site:( lol, anyway am registered with public jobs, al have a look tomorrow thanks again,mc :)
    when ya go onto public jobs click on advice centre and then scroll down until to see sample tests, and the three sections verbal reasoning,numerical reasoning and job simulation(visual) are what you will come across during the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭P.C.Plod

Anybody else get an email today from public jobs to say recruiting was open for fire fighters only for the link to say the competition is now closed. I clicked it within 10 minutes of getting it.???????

P.C.Plod wrote: »
    Anybody else get an email today from public jobs to say recruiting was open for fire fighters only for the link to say the competition is now closed. I clicked it within 10 minutes of getting it.???????
    and i thought i was the only one!! wonder what went wrong there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭seniorstaff

P.C.Plod wrote: »

get fridays irish examiner, advert will be in that for jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭morgan2009

get fridays irish examiner, advert will be in that for jobs
    lovely any1 no where the traning will be held? or how meny will be taken in?
    i registered with public jobs but got no email
    thanks for updates guys,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭P.C.Plod

Thanks for that.
    I see it's for cork. I'm waiting for Dublin

• Advertisement
Advertisement