Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Lesson

Options
  • 09-02-2012 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all

I've been trying to learn French for the last 3 years in Rathmines college (as an evening course) and it's just not sinking in, while i think i may know more than i actually do (if that makes sence) i’m looking for different (more fun) ways of learning – if anyone has any ideas?
    I have books upon books and I’ve more linguaphone CDs than what’s a in library and i’ve also a DS game, (which i think did more than all the classes put together...)
    The determination to learn the language is still there so any cheap ideas please please please share!

Thank you .... Or should i say 'Merci' ... :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭franc 91

Have you looked at the website of l'Association des Français d'Irlande or le Petit Journal? There are several French blogs explaining what it's like living in Ireland - Perhaps you could meet up with a French speaker - you could go to one of the restaurants de Chez Max in Dublin with them to get into the atmosphere (if it's not too expensive - you could just have a morning coffee for example) - I also see there's a French lady who is offering to take French-speakers sightseeing around the centre of Dublin. The Association also has a student club you can join. There's a Breton-Irish Association you could go along to. Does that help?
    Salut
    Franc

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Whiteman120

Morning Franc
    Thanks for you advice!, i looked on the ‘l'Association des Français d'Irlande’ website, but this hasn’t been updated since July 2010, ‘le Petit Journal’ is certainly another site for me to explore (as I’d previously been reading Le Monde (which was a little to hard) – i think i need to grow a pair and start speaking more, I think I’m just so afraid of looking / sounding a complete tool that I’m embarrassed before I’ve even said anything ... time to grow a pair ... Lol :)

Where did you see the lady offering to sightseeing around Dublin?
    Cheers man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭franc 91

Si vous regardez le Petit Journal - tapez Communauté et vous trouverez Myriam Chollet - "La Dublinoise"

Advertisement