Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taiwangun M4

Options
  • 09-02-2012 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi guys I'm considering buying this gun from Taiwangun http://www.taiwangun.com/electric-air-soft-guns/bi-3381m-full-metal-boyi_1.html
    Just wonder what you think of the gun and what you think of buying a gun from Taiwangun themselves??im a newbie to the sport and this would be a starter gun. its seems a really good price but is it too good to be through?any help great appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Dazzler16 wrote: »
    Hi guys I'm considering buying this gun from Taiwangun http://www.taiwangun.com/electric-air-soft-guns/bi-3381m-full-metal-boyi_1.html
    Just wonder what you think of the gun and what you think of buying a gun from Taiwangun themselves??im a newbie to the sport and this would be a starter gun. its seems a really good price but is it too good to be through?any help great appreciated!!

Well that's probably a DBoys so not a bad make or price.

But Iam sure you will get a nasty surprise whe you register and find out what the actual price of postage costs and you will infact get it cheaper and handier if you went into a walk in shop here.

Also that's web sight is based in Poland where the fps levels are allot higher.
    Remember in Ireland it must be under 328fps or 1Joule

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

I believe they are a Dboys aeg. Never had one so can not comment on its reliability.

However, i don't think you'll get a shock at any extra costs from there. Within the EU so no VAT charges. They do provide a downgrade service which from what i remember is not expensive, about €15 if i recall. Postage is not expensive either. Will cost at €14 via courier from them. Considering that is roughly the same as most retailers will charge postage from within Ireland i don't consider it expensive.

I believe they are a Dboys aeg. Never had one so can not comment on its reliability.

However, i don't think you'll get a shock at any extra costs from there. Within the EU so no VAT charges. They do provide a downgrade service which from what i remember is not expensive, about €15 if i recall. Postage is not expensive either. Will cost at €14 via courier from them. Considering that is roughly the same as most retailers will charge postage from within Ireland i don't consider it expensive.

When's the last time you ordered something? I went to order a few bits not even a gun just a stock outer barrel and RIS and was quoted €35.57 postage for those three items also they have changed courier service in the last few months

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dazzler16

thanks for the feedback guys...i think with the postage being that expensive i will buy local and get a warranty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Jsmurff wrote: »
    When's the last time you ordered something? I went to order a few bits not even a gun just a stock outer barrel and RIS and was quoted €35.57 postage for those three items also they have changed courier service in the last few months

They lowered there prices a month or so ago. It was announced on their facebook page.

To downgrade put a M85 or M90 spring in your shopping cart with the AEG and in the comments section ask them to install it for you so that it is within the limits.

The only way something was €35+ on postage is if your order is over 15 or 20 kg. Their prices go up in weight brackets. But the cheapest price is up to 10kg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Taiwangun changed their courier service to UPS which is cheaper now. Go on to their home page and scroll down to "cost of delivery".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Last time I ordered a gun from them they downgraded it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

I have ordered from them a few times and I would recommend the guys in TaiwanGun to anyone. They are quick to respond to queries, and were willing to fix problems with an AEG I got from them at their expense. If you buy the spring at the time you get the gun they will downgrade for free.

The did change from DPD (reasonable price, but so slow I am sure they sent stuff by donkey cart) to UPS recently and their charges have come down.

There is a flat charge until you get up over a set high weight, so it can be expensive for small things. But you can see the charge applied if you go through the shopping process, and before you actually place the order.

Well I stand corrected they've obviously become more reliable then I previously thought :)

Is the set weight still 10kg?

Jsmurff wrote: »
    Well I stand corrected they've obviously become more reliable then I previously thought :)

Is the set weight still 10kg?
    Something like that, I bought a load of gear from them and the postage stayed the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Updated delivery charges now that they are with UPS:
    http://www.taiwangun.com/cost-of-delivery.html

Actually found one thing that's tad rediculous the €193 USP I can get one posted for that price from airsoftguns.ie

That's a once off really. It is a KSC though - they are a very good brand, I have one :)

That's a once off really. It is a KSC though - they are a very good brand, I have one :)

Oh I know would be holding that match if it weren't for you also you are aware that's upgraded so it isn't standard KSC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

It's the full size match version. Airsoftguns.ie have the compact I think.

CpcRc wrote: »
    They have the match for €180 afaik and Iam within an hours drive of them so Iam more ebclind to go to them on this one

CpcRc wrote: »
    They have the match for €180 afaik and Iam within an hours drive of them so Iam more ebclind to go to them on this one

Ahh now KSC's are pretty good stock too, some even better than tms IMO. Only problem is the stupid hop up unit and rare (and that usually means expensive too) buckings...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭THE MINDER

With regards to the OP -it does'nt just look like a dboys-it is a dboys! You can buy that brand through Irish retailers-They are fine as as a starter gun(until you fire something else-no offence to dboys owners!) IMO if you are keen on the sport go rental first and ask other guys you meet on site what they think-you will see lots of different stuff on the field:)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭maciek87

by the way, taiwan gun is very well known on their local market (read: poland), I`ve ordered from them for years and never, ever had any single one issue, as well as a lot of other lads I use to play with.

Its well worth giving them a shout on bigger orders and discuss possibility of lowering the shipping price etc. and negotiate free downgrade (maybe).

As long it will be worth their while (read: order bigger than 1 rifle and pack of bbs) they can be very cooperative, and cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭johnmc_carthy

Ordered a few bits off them a while back, got gas pistol, molle plate carrier with dummy armour an a Velcro pistol holster for €80 (and a bag of bbs) will downgrade for free too, def buying my next aeg off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭PopIT

Hey guys, does anyone know if stuff bought from Taiwangun is subject to customs inspection?

Generally not no. And mate, get it downgraded, they do it for free ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭PopIT

Generally not no. And mate, get it downgraded, they do it for free ;)
    Absolutely just don't like the idea of them fingering my new gear befor me :). Always stay legal!

Advertisement