Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herbal Cigarettes

Options
  • 09-02-2012 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi I stopped smoking cold turkey 3 weeks ago and I am doing great without them, the thing I am worried about is going out for a drink as I have given in on previous attempts to quit and said I will have 1 only to find myself back to 30 a day within a couple of weeks.... I am going out for a drink this weekend and was thinking of bringing a packet of herbal cigarettes just in case I have that moment of weakness, at least if I do smoke one there is no tobacco or nicotine to get addicted to, any thoughts on this plan or has any board members tried it before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭vinne

Sounds like a good idea, i"m in the same boat myself off the fags three weeks afraid to go for a drink knowing what happened before. I never tried a herbal fag.Interested myself to see what people think .Best of luck mike.l

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mike.l

Thanks for reply vinne and well done on the quit..... 3 weeks off them means you have no more nicotine in your system , the priority this time for me is to keep the nicotine out of my system, you can light these cigs and smoke them the same as a normal cig so they are probably still very bad for your health but I cant see how the odd 1 would be a bad idea if the alternative is a slippery slope to 30 addictive fags per day!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭curry_person

I've tried herbal ciggies before they are grand in my opinion but most don't taste very nice at all!!! the menthol ones are nice tho!
    even tho i don't like menthol ciggies for some reason herbal menthol ciggies are nice to me!
    they are still unhealthy as they do contain tar but if your only smoking a few when your going out drinking it shouldn't do any harm! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭daveob007

those things stink to high heaven and as bad for you as the real thing,,full of tar,,,,if you are trying to break the habit than its a bad idea cos you are only doing what you always did,,,,dont bother with them jusy do without,it wont kill you but the fages might

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Isabela

I have never smoked herbal cigarettes. What taste they have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mike.l

Thought I would give an update Lads... 8 months Nicotine and Tobacco free now, I went ahead with the Herbals on a few occasions , I would say I have bought about 8 packets, I have the odd one on special occasions like weddings , christenings and holidays(4 packets in 2 weeks), It has definitely helped me as I have quit several times before and these special occasions when you have a few drinks on-board Is when I say feck it I will have one, but the nicotine gets into you and you are hooked again. They smell awful but it is worth putting up with if the alternative is to buy 20 B&H.

Mike.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 MOR66

We can't make the decision for you but i'd suggest you bring another substitute (packets of liqourice or chewing gum) to keep your mind occupied.It's great you've weaned off completely for 3 weeks, in order to suceed try trusting your own judgment more.The problem wont miricalously rectify itself without hard work and determination.Eventually,if you do continue with the bad habit the chemicals in the cigarettes can lead to serious health problems (infertility,your offspring having disease,developing fits\convulsions,cancer,lung disease,premature aging etc.).Anyway i don't need to tell you this,you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Hope all works out :)

Just read the update,you've done brilliant!

Advertisement