Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby brown rat or House Mouse

Options
  • 09-02-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭

Hey all any help here greatly appreciated basically seems I have a rodent problem in my house, basically about 2 months ago I cleared out a few out houses and sheds in my garden and since then I have caught 6 rodents in the house ( seems they made there way in somehow ) but here is the issue I dont know if the rodents are mice or baby rats they seem very big for a mouse and when trap goes off you can here the creature strugging to get out of it ( one actually managed to get out ) also they have a white underbelly which I thought unusual for a mouse, they are brown in colour and very large thin tail and seem well fat looking

So any suggestions of what it could be

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Did a bit of googling and apparently a house mouse is usually the same coulour on the belly and back. IE: brown.
    Hopefully I'm wrong .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

A picture is what is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

Brown rat:

brown-rat-3789.jpg

Brown mouse

5607408-nice-brown-mouse-on-the-earth-a-wildlife-photo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Cheers well try get a pic up hoping its a deer mouse

Advertisement