Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe in Monaghan Town

Options
  • 09-02-2012 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hello good people of Monaghan,

Hoping you can help me out with a bit of market research I'm doing for a possible future business idea I'm toying with. I'm thinking of a coffee/sandwich/pastry shop in Monaghan town. At the moment there only seems to be Roberto's, Dinkin's and Flemings, all offering different variations of the product I have in mind. But obviously, mine would be better ;) I'm thinking, sofas and a bit of comfort, think Central Perk, Friends fans.

Just wondering, do you drink coffee (but obviously there'll be tea too)? Do you think you'd be interested in going somewhere new? How often would you go to a cafe? Anything that would tempt you through the doors? Where would you imagine to be a good location? Is Monaghan able to sustain another cafe? Albeit a better one than is there at the minute (I hope...).

Sorry for all the questions, but hope you can give me a few minutes to give me a bit of feedback! It's all very much a pipe dream at the moment, as I don't even live at home presently (I'm from the town, but living in Dublin), but with the banks mad to give out loans *ahem*, who knows what the future holds... And hey, you gotta dream, right?

Cheers me dears for any help you can give me,

WeeCuppaCha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Hi,
    Yeah somewhere cosy would be lovely, but to be honest most people would just go to the West or one of the bars for a comfortable cuppa..(i dont drink coffee) Maybe not but thats my opinion. Monaghan is not a big shopping town, so you dont have that many just stopping to relax. If you were thinking of something in that line I would say somewhere that sells good homely (cheap) warm filling lunches is good. There is not that much choice for lunch at the minute, fat sams was always too cold (closed down now) Robertos too small and too expensive, there is the bumblebeez cafe but its not as cosy and warm as what Im imagining you are offering. The Pig does a good homely dinner, at a good proice, but its a bar, so you could steal some of their custom. I would recommend offering Slimming World food. There are 5 groups in and around that area, with a definite niche in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭skmck

Ive just come across your thread & I would be all for a new cafe in Monaghan. Im from the town & myself and my friends are always moaning about the lack of good cafes around the town - even come lunchtime or friday evenings its always such a struggle to decide to go for a coffee & a chat as the majority of the places are terrible!!

My sister was actually only saying the other day that the town is missing a nice comfy cafe with comfortable sofas & a relaxing atmosphere.

A new cafe has recently opened - Pinky & Perkys but it can only hold about 10people.

I really believe your venture would take off as the idea you are currently describing is exactly what is needed in Monaghan town.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do!

Advertisement