Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer black screen when I start it up?

Options
  • 09-02-2012 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

When I turn on my computer all i get is a black screen with numbers and letters across the top "113-b10201-101 rv630 gddr4_16mx32 182b"

It does not continue at any point and I can't go to any of the boot up menus?

Whats wrong can I fix it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

That looks like the BIOS version from your video card...the ddr4 gives it away. (type of memory)

So first thing I'd try is to reseat the video card on the motherboard and see how you get on.
    What make/model is she??

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Verres

My bet is that it's a Dell branded motherboard. @Toaster, I agree that "113-B10201-101" is the BIOS version.

Jumper pins might be needed.

Also, @Op - did you drop / bang your machine recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

That looks like the BIOS version from your video card...the ddr4 gives it away. (type of memory)

So first thing I'd try is to reseat the video card on the motherboard and see how you get on.
    What make/model is she??

thats the bios of his gcard not his motherboard.

GDDR4 = graphics card memory not normal ram

is it possible your gcard is not plugged into the psu and as a result its not getting enough power to function properly? or the psu is simply not powerful enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

thats the bios of his gcard not his motherboard.

GDDR4 = graphics card memory not normal ram

is it possible your gcard is not plugged into the psu and as a result its not getting enough power to function properly? or the psu is simply not powerful enough?

What make/model is she??

I did say that in my first reply though.
    And as Verres pointed out it's onboard video.

OP try reseating the ram in your machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

two other possiblities is a bad ram stick or a cooked cpu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Captain Daf

I did say that in my first reply though.
    And as Verres pointed out it's onboard video.

OP try reseating the ram in your machine.

Sorry im new to Boards didint know people replied so fast.Thanks for the help.

I reset the CMOS and the RAM. Its starting fine now but wont load up, it gives me the start up normal and repair options. I tried restoring it to a previous state but both options normal start and restore keep the computer going on a loop restarting.

Its a Dell XPS420

Advertisement