Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolling Stones in Ireland?

Options
  • 09-02-2012 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I hear rumours that they were going to tour on 2011 and play a concert here, but unfortunately it didnt happen.

Any idea if they will anytime ? Or are they finished for good now?...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

this year marks the 50th anniversary of the band. Rumours of a tour are rife as ever. I'd no longer have any tentative connection with the band but if anything happens it will likely happen in the USA to coincide with a proposed tribute concert at MSG with perhaps something in London depending on venue availability it being an Olympic summer. The chances of the band turning up in Ireland this year are negligible I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I can't imagine any major touring will occur but I think you'll have to remove them in body bags from the stage before they stop performing to some description. The main concern would be Charlie Watts these days, wouldn't it?

I mean given he turns 71 in June and given the health scares he has had in recent years I can't imagine he's short of a few pounds to go and tour. For the Stones, it would quite literally be fueled by the fans (or their own personal sense of needing to tour) but I can't see it happening beyond maybe an Olympics placed performance or a charity gig.

Having said all that Bill Wyman is 75 and he's still playing regularly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Having said all that Bill Wyman is 75 and he's still playing regularly

Mad really when you think about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

From what I've been reading, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie are up for it but it's Mick that doesn't seem to be nostalgic. Apparently there's still some tension between himself and Keith after Ketih's autobiography!

Here's hoping though that they do do a tour and mark their 50 years. I would give anything to see them!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The latest rumours I'm hearing is that Bill Wyman is back with the Stones, and they're going to do something to mark their 50th anniversary, but that neither Bill nor Charlie have any interest in touring. (Charlie's feeling his age, and Bill won't get on a plane unless he absolutely has to.) But they might do some one-off gigs, and there's always the ferry from Holyhead ...

I know Keith has apologised to Mick, but Ronnie seemed to contradict the rumours a couple of weeks ago (here).

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Can't believe Bill is back. Good for him though, I mean he's 75, it would be nice to think he can spend a few years in the Stones while he can still tour and perform. Long life and good health to him and I hope he sticks around with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I think there are rumours too of Mick taylor being part of any 50th celebration.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Brendan Jabbers

I'd love to see Mick Taylor and Bill back. Taylor was the best musician ever in the Stones and his tenure coincided with their artistic peak.

Advertisement