Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filmlush.com Fraud. Possible to get money back?

Options
  • 08-02-2012 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi, I checked my bank statement tonight, and noticed €35 had been taken out of my account on January 16th. It says it was taken out as a subscription to filmlush.com, a site I've never been on before. The only movie site ive put my debit card details in recently has been Netflix.ie and even at that its only 6.99 a month. I'm only 16, on the child bank account thing with Ulster Bank, so I'm wondering if there would be any chance of getting my money back? Would ulster bank be partly at fault over this? Don't know what to do, I don't want to have to change my bank details so I don't have another €35 taken out of my account on feb 16 :/

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Your in wrong forum but that site is a scan and they will charge you that amount every month you should tell your parents and contact bank to stop further payment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Moved from Adverts Support

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Firstly, contact your bank asap and tell them to cancel any direct debit payments to them, follow this up with a letter and keep a copy.

Secondly, cancel the subscription on their site, it can be done here

Now, down to the problem at hand. I'm a bit at a loss as to how they have taken money from your account if you never gave them your details? If you have some kind of junior account I would assume that you don't have a credit card? From looking at the FAQ on their site it says:
    Why was I billed €34.95 when I signed up for a free trial?

As indicated during the signup process, the 5-Day trial gives you free access to our Premium services for five days. To avoid service interruptions, your trial membership automatically renews as a monthly Premium membership, billed at €34.95 per month, unless cancelled before the trial expires.

If cancelled, your Premium trial membership will revert to a Free Regular membership, for which there are no monthly fees.

For additional questions or concerns, we welcome you to contact our customer support team.

For more information about this charge, click here

Clicking there brings you to this page:
    Hello, you are probably here because you found a charge on your credit card and are wondering where it came from. Here we will attempt to solve the mystery.

What is FilmLush?
    FilmLush is an online movie streaming service which entertains hundreds of thousands of people monthly.

Why are you charging us?
    FilmLush charges a monthly fee for access to our site where you can watch movies online.

Doesn't ring a bell?
    You may want to ask around your home and see if your spouse, parent or child signed up. 95% of the time someone else at home signed up. We can tell you exactly what was signed up for on what date and time.

How do I cancel my account?
    Easy, click here to cancel.

Can we get a refund?
    Charges are non-refundable, but once you cancel you will never be charged again. We don't have long-term contracts, lock-in, or signup fees. Just pay as you go and cancel when you're done.

Basically, you need to see if anyone signed up for this, if not, then I would talk to Ulster Bank and get to the bottom of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Get onto you bank and tell them it was not you.

As a person under 18, I believe you cannot enter into a contract anyway like this anyway, but you would would need to confirm that.

You should be able to get that money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

Get in touch with your bank straight away.

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement