Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

halo lights not working properly

Options
  • 08-02-2012 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

does anyone know why the halo lights on the car randomly change. sometimes all four work then only the outer side on each headlight, then both passenger side work but only one driver side works. It's completely random and really annoying. i never installed them, they were there when i bought the car and I just took it as a bonus on a cheap car. I know all the rings work as i got a reflection this morning. but then this evening ,wadda you know, 3 out of 4 lighting. it appears to be a wiring problem but i'm no auto electrician and dont want to fork out a load of cash if its something i can have a crack at myself. Does anyone have or had this problem and can anyone shed any light on this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭2012 Rio

Halo lights. Are they just the little led's in a ring around the main lights? If so the LEDs might be half shagged. Alot of those aftermarket led light type things are made in back arse of china rubbish. I had a set once that gave up after a few months like this, working on and off. I just chucked 'em and replaced the originals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kiwidub

yeah they are the headlights with the ring around them. When you said you replaced the originals did you mean whole headlight unit or just the halo rings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭2012 Rio

I replaced the whole headlamp unit for the originals. They had much better light anyway. But maybe you can get replacement LED "rings" if you want to keep the halo lights.

Advertisement