Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rochester Big and Tall Clothing

Options
  • 08-02-2012 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭

Came across this site recently and bought some stuff last week. It is for big and tall sizes. I bought a number of the clearance items at fantastic prices, up to 75-80% off in some cases. The quality of the stuff is fabulous and includes well known brands such as Rebook.

Delivery was very quick, about 3 days, and again I cannot praise the quality of the stuff for the prices of the clearance items highly enough.

http://uk.rochesterclothing.eu/home?partner=5610

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

All for men,though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

kelle wrote: »
    All for men,though!

Tough! :p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

kn wrote: »
    Tough! :p;)
    :D

I excitedly clicked onto your link thinking I might see a nice ladies coat, I'm too tall for a lot of standard coats. But never mind, I'll find one some day!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

protip: They never use the term 'big and tall' to describe ladies clothing.

Good spot OP, picked up a few bits for my Dad.

phasers wrote: »
    protip: They never use the term 'big and tall' to describe ladies clothing.

There is a Ladies 'Tall' section on www.topshop.co.uk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

They've never heard of a 34" waist???
    It's the usual with all the "big and tall" shops/sites, they dont cater for people that are just tall, only big and tall but mostly for people that are just big.

A further 25% off with 3901 promotion code. Applies to clearance items as well. No idea no long it is valid for, no date given.

50% off the entire site including all clearance items. Some fabulous value there on big name brands. Sizes on clothing are generally XL-5XL and footwear size 10 upwards.

I bought a number of branded clearance items for half nothing compared to what you pay in some of our top end department stores.

Code: 3901.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Definitely one to book mark - can anyone comment on their leg sizing? s/r/l seems to be 34/36/38 inches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

There is a Ladies 'Tall' section on www.topshop.co.uk.

The opposite problem to rochester. topshop only do tall to size 16 :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭donalh087

I've used Rochester a few times and the quality is excellent. Just bought some stuff there now and used the 3901 code but they said they now only sell to the UK. I bypassed it with the BT1 1aa postcode but I was surprised. Interesting to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,735 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Good idea
    Good lot of people like that

donalh087 wrote: »
    I've used Rochester a few times and the quality is excellent. Just bought some stuff there now and used the 3901 code but they said they now only sell to the UK. I bypassed it with the BT1 1aa postcode but I was surprised. Interesting to see what happens.

Did you use the Euro website? I ordered today no problem. The emails I get click into a Euro website and bang away no problem. Delivery works out cheaper as well as they charge €7 rather than £7.

http://ns.rochesterclothing.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭donalh087

****e........ used the UK one.

Fill yer boots!!!!

75% off the ENTIRE site, including clearance items that are already up to 75% off already, meaning that some items are now less than 10% of their original price.

I have ordered off them a few times and as others above can attest to the quality of the gear is fabulous and delivery is lightening quick. I wonder is the site closing down with these amazing offers over the last couple of months?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Fill yer boots!!!!

75% off the ENTIRE site, including clearance items that are already up to 75% off already, meaning that some items are now less than 10% of their original price.

I have ordered off them a few times and as others above can attest to the quality of the gear is fabulous and delivery is lightening quick. I wonder is the site closing down with these amazing offers over the last couple of months?

Thanks KN- I have rather large boots to fill and I tried my best to fill them!
    Not much of a choice for shoes at 15/16 but managed to find 3 pairs I liked along with a pair for each of the sons since they are now size 12/13. Only got a few items of clothes but hardly anything in large tall. Enough to keep me going at least until a visit to the States next year to resupply...and I sometimes get things from Casual Male XL as per the header banner.

Total would have been 480 but bought for 120 and with shipping based on amount and not weight the grand total was 131.50:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

I can't believe I ordered 12 items and the final cost was less than 100 yoyo's... It will be the bargain of all times (for me) if the items ordered are delivered

Here's hoping,

T

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

UPDATE - My first order arrived with mixed success. The sizes of the shirts are about right, but the sizes for the jumpers, tops & jackets are huge. I ordered a size up, but some items are MASSIVE.

Quality wise, the shirts are not as good as they look on the site, more canvas than cotton, but the jumpers I bought are a decent quality, pity about the sizes. I will end up giving them away to XXXL friends!

HAPPY SHOPPING!

T

Twiggy69 wrote: »
    UPDATE - My first order arrived with mixed success. The sizes of the shirts are about right, but the sizes for the jumpers, tops & jackets are huge. I ordered a size up, but some items are MASSIVE.

Quality wise, the shirts are not as good as they look on the site, more canvas than cotton, but the jumpers I bought are a decent quality, pity about the sizes. I will end up giving them away to XXXL friends!

HAPPY SHOPPING!

T

I have never had a problem with them and I've ordered a good few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Twiggy69 wrote: »

HAPPY SHOPPING!

T

Mine came the other day- no problems except package 1 of 2 was delivered on Monday and 2 of 2 on Tuesday. Shoes are great quality- especially the Cole Hahns. One pair too tight but one of the sons can wear them. The Timberland jumper fit great but only because it was a slim cut XL. Alas the other shirts I ordered in XL were too wide. Shame because they were really nice- not any sort of canvas feel as you had Twiggy. If any of you are a true to size XL then give me a shout!

• Advertisement

Where do you put in the code for 75% off? Got as far as the payment details page without seeing it.

EDIT: Found it derp. Tempted to get 10 years' worth of stuff at some of these prices.

Fill yer boots!!!!

Just as I feared the website is closed down. They were selling off stuff at €3,5 and €10 at the end - I am sure people who ordered off them previously got the emails. What a real pity. There were fabulous bargains going there for big sizes and the quality of the stuff was outstanding. I certainly took advantage of the great bargains in the last couple of months - I got lots of really good quality stuff for less than a tenner each that would cost you circa €100 on the High Street.

They are now directing to their US DestinationXL website.

http://www.destinationxl.com/mens-big-and-tall-store

They do deliver to Ireland but needless to say the prices are not as good. I did a mock order for pig iron just to see the costs. I did a checkout of 5 tops at $199.95 and the delivery cost they gave was $44.48. So circa $245 in total. Also you are likely to be nabbed by customs for the VAT on this end as well. All in all probably not worth it.

If someone does order on the site can they let us know how they got on, especially with any customs duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

Irish Customs Duty calculator on this site, http://www.dutycalculator.com/ very good for working out possible VAT & Duty amounts, also good info on this boards page, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055862554

Advertisement