Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2002 Audi A4 Avant Issue

Options
  • 08-02-2012 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey folks,

looking for a bit of help here please,

the boot on my a4 wont lock, iv been doing endless searching on the net and after many tests it seem that the latch the catchs is fooked! so i need to get a new one, at the moment i have the boot tied down on the inside with rope, i cant securley lock the car as the boot is constantly open.

now the real problem is......i live in Knocklyon and i am looking to see if anyone can recommend any good mechanics/garages in the area that they have used for the own cars.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Its more than likely the boot solenoid. This is a common fault on these.

The part should be under €50 and replacement is a (medium) diy job, so any garage should be easily able to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Peterbilt

Same thing happened in ours. Electronic actuator. Gives up from all the slamming most likely.

To replace need to remove trim in rear hatch. Watch for dopey design spring catches though. Easy DIY.

Might hardly be worth your while. New actuator only lasted bout 9 months in ours and Audi Parts wouldnt supply replacement for free. So much for 12 months warranty. Now we simply lock and unlock with key old style :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 OLS84

ah cheers for the replies lads,

was thinking about tackling it today and removing the boot trim and having a look around but i heard removing the trim is ment to be an absolute nightmare! i cant seem to lock the boot either with the key, it just wont turn for some reason :( at the moment i still have the boot tied down with ropes on the inside and the car wont alarm either :( any other tips u guy can think of for securing the car further?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

It's not a problem i have come across myself (fellow avant owner) but if you search these 2 owners forums you might get more help.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/forum.php

http://www.audizine.com/

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭creedp

OLS84 wrote: »
    ah cheers for the replies lads,

was thinking about tackling it today and removing the boot trim and having a look around but i heard removing the trim is ment to be an absolute nightmare! i cant seem to lock the boot either with the key, it just wont turn for some reason :( at the moment i still have the boot tied down with ropes on the inside and the car wont alarm either :( any other tips u guy can think of for securing the car further?

Happenend to my s-max. I tried everything but couldn't open it so had to take it to the [Nissan]Doctor. It took all his medical ingenuity to get the damn thing opened .. I would never have got there myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 OLS84

can anyone recommend a good place to go with the above problem? in rathfarnham/tallaght area?

Advertisement