Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capoeira class in limerick?

Options
  • 08-02-2012 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hey I was just wondering if anyone has info on whether capoeira classes are still running in limerick? There is a website for Grupo Candeias in limerick that lists training time at thursday at 7pm on O'Connell st. I went there two weeks ago and nobody else turned up. I also emailed and facebooked about it recently but i've heard nothing back, any chance anyone here knows what the story is? Has capoeira disappeared from the city of limerick all together?!

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Hi if you go on FB again and look for this lady (ive sent you PM with her name). She should be able to tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

I was going to recommend the club in UL but they seem to have disappeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭moncai

Yeah I heard the UL capoeira club missed out on sending in some kind of registration stuff for the year and as a result it ceased to exist....

Thanks for the FB contact, i've sent a message and am eagerly awaiting a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hi Monica.

It seems that the guy that used to run this in Limerick has gone back to Brazil.

- I saw some of his crew training in the MK Gym once, the one up the steps off the Dock Rd. (Beware, is a bit of a Ghetto in that general area with lots of Scum and Wino's)

I heard that there are capoiera classes on out in LIT, can anyone confirm this or tell me the location and time? I can't find anything online about it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

yeah it's on Monday and Thursday at 7pm in the students union building, €2 per class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Raiser wrote: »
    Hi Monica.

It seems that the guy that used to run this in Limerick has gone back to Brazil.

- I saw some of his crew training in the MK Gym once, the one up the steps off the Dock Rd. (Beware, is a bit of a Ghetto in that general area with lots of Scum and Wino's)

if you're referring to Mestre Piau, then apparently his son is now in Ireland and is going to continue the classes

65302_338399339536138_100000982249739_945837_1994169110_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/357623914268951/

Ah this is brilliant news, from both of ye! Thanks for the info, i've been looking t start this for the last two months!

Advertisement