Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor in crookstown?

Options
  • 08-02-2012 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi,
    im moving from kilcullen area to near crookstown and i want to change my doctor, i cant seem to get an appointment when i ring for days and when i do im sitting waiting for well over an hour, so im wondering has anybody been to the doctor in crookstown? It would be nice to attend a clinic and be seen in an acceptable amount of time, and not be rushed out the door :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ozypozy

The surgery in Crookstown is gone. I went a couple of times but wasn't impressed with the place. Doctor was very dismissive.
    Kilcullen is a nightmare to get an appt in, I agree. Athy isn't too far away, would that be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Not a million miles from baltinglass either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭missmelo

Thank you for the replies, i didnt realise it was gone already, and that seems to be doctors these days, when you do get an app in kilcullen they cant wait to get rid of you and dont listen to a word you say, too busy on the phone!! ill defo look into athy and baltinglass, thanks again x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

I think that you can get a list of local GPs from the hospital (that's how I got my GP in Sallins) - maybe the local chemist has a list too?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

http://hse.ie/eng/services/maps/map.html?showDoc=1&

however this is often missing private-only practices, some are there but not many. That'd be the same underlying data as hospitals would have.

Athy definitely gives the biggest choice nearby.

• Advertisement
Advertisement