Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card DD returned unpaid?

Options
  • 08-02-2012 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi there

I had a direct debit payment due for an AIB credit card on Monday, and due to a mess-up by our payroll dept in work, I wasn't paid on time and there were not enough funds in my current account to cover the payment, so the money was taken out on Monday and the account went into overdraft.

Yesterday we got paid and my account went back into credit, so all appeared well, but when I logged in this morning to check my bank balance, the direct debit returned unpaid, and the money they took out was credited back into my account.

I'm raging because I normally pay off my CC myself in advance of the DD date, and now I'm wondering how to proceed. I heard that in this situation the bank just makes a second attempt at the direct debit a few days later. Is this the case or do I need to ring them?

Thanks
    L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

The won't try again unless instructed by you. You need to call or manually make the payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Jet Black wrote: »
    The won't try again unless instructed by you. You need to call or manually make the payment.

they may make a 2nd attempt if they have instruction for it when setting up the DD. They often do this.

OP best to ring them and see if they will take it again and if not make alternative arrangements.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭lenovoguy

Hi folks

Thanks for your responses. Just rang the bank and was told to just do a manual payment there. Hopefully this won't go on my ICB rating :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

lenovoguy wrote: »
    Hi folks

Thanks for your responses. Just rang the bank and was told to just do a manual payment there. Hopefully this won't go on my ICB rating :(

Payments must be over 30 days late before going on the ICB. Dont worry about it. These things happen.

chris85 wrote: »
    Payments must be over 30 days late before going on the ICB. Dont worry about it. These things happen.

That I did not know :) Thanks for letting me know, puts my mind at rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

If your salary is contractually payable on a certain date, and your employer messed up, you are entitled to claim vouched bank fees and charges off your employer that you have incurred as a result

I made a payment against the card but they still havent debited the card with the amount they refunded me when the direct debit failed..any idea how long this takes?

Advertisement