Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA workout help

Options
  • 08-02-2012 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

I started MMA about a month ago and I'm training 3 times a week (calisthenics, technique and sparring)

However I'm also in the weights room twice a week so I was wondering is there any useful MMA workouts or exercises that would help me?
    Can't find much on the internet, most sites ask for money before they give up the info.

Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

GSP Rushfit is really good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

There's tons of workouts available online but they may not be suited to you or may not be mma specific workouts.
    I'd say the best thing to do would be to ask your trainer what you should be doing and he shouldn't steer you too far wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

something along the lines of this maybe :D

WORKOUT #1

DE Lower Body Movement (Jump variation)
    ME Upper Body movement
    Posterior chain lower body movement
    DB press variation
    Lat/Upper back superset
    Ab circuit (high reps)
    WORKOUT #2

ME Lower Body Movement
    Rep Upper Body movement (chin-up or push-up variation)
    Unilateral lower body movement
    Shrug variation super-setted with rear delt movement
    Grip training
    Weighted abdominals

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Started this recently myself. What can you recommend for flexibility, legs especially?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Started this recently myself. What can you recommend for flexibility, legs especially?

Lots and lots and lots of stretching, keep pushing it out further. You will gradually gain more flexibility. Make sure you are getting enough vitamin B & C as this helps with muscle suppleness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Cheers lads, ill see about getting Rushfit ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

I wouldn't bother with Rushfit or any specific MMA workout to be honest. Get stronger and faster. Get your fitness to a level where you can train hard, then train hard but technically.

The details of supplemental training are something to iron out with your coach over years of training and competing. Develop a good solid base physically and technically, then worry about the details.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

yes I am fairly fit but not the most flexible. I think stretches etc would help me and the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OLDMAN1

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    yes I am fairly fit but not the most flexible. I think stretches etc would help me and the OP.

there is a big difference between fairly fit and FIGHTING fit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

OLDMAN1 wrote: »
    there is a big difference between fairly fit and FIGHTING fit

That's the thing. I'm FAIRLY fit. And I want my fitness to progress as fast as possible, faster and stronger.

• Advertisement
Advertisement