Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

range rover 02 L322

Options
  • 08-02-2012 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

hi, my 02 range rover won't start. started playing up a few days ago taking 10mins to start, then maybe 20mins. now won't start at all. the battery is fine. i've tried jumping it and no joy. could it be the fuel pump?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Is there a form of heater plugs in that RR? Presuming that it's Diesel that is.
    If they are goosed it would cause hard starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 roversully

yeah it's the 3ltr diesel. i haven't a clue. i've heard glow plugs and secondary fuel pumps been mentioned. wouldn't know a whole lot about cars to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Had the glow plug light been staying on after the car is started?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 roversully

no it hadn't. all the lights on the dash fine. no warning signs just won't start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Doubt glow plugs would cause a non-start, its hardly cold enough and most modern diesels will eventually start without them.

Maybe PM a mod and ask for the thread to be move to the 4x4 forum, Sean101 is the guru on these yokes and should see the thread in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,989 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Could be electrical. Did you try related fuses and make sure it wasn't the fuel pump relay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Does it still crank?

Dirty fuel or blocked fuel filter would be my guess.

Infact I'd change the fuel filter firstly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

I've spotted it here Slidey ;)

Unfortunately I'm not up on Full Fat Rangie mechanicals, they rarely come up so must be normally reliable! I'd be guessing at either a fuel or a sensor problem, possibly Crank Position Sensor? The early ones have the BMW M57 engine if that helps widen the search for an answer.

Have a look here, you should find the answer - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Sounds like the lift pump (small pump in the tank that basically pushes fuel to the main pump) a common enough problem with bmw deisels aswell.

Normal symptoms, car very hard to start but will start eventually, and when started runs fine.

Hope that helps

Advertisement