Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier Broadband (Clonmel) UPDATE

Options
  • 07-02-2012 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Six months ago we had the lads from Premier Broadband, based in Clonmel, Co Tipperary come around and do a test in our place; I live a mile or so from the Horse and Jockey, but unfortunately back then the broadband speed wasn't great so I decided not to go ahead with the installation.

Today, they were back again and we are more than pleased with how things have improved.

For a start we are now getting 2megs. Not great these days but if any of you are familiar with our history with Eircom you’ll know we only ever got was about 0.22/4, less than a quarter of a meg at any given time, which in this day and age is nightmarishly slow, especially if downloading a large file. These "large file" (movies for the want of a better word) could take up to 2/3 days to download. But now they only take about 2 hours or so! This is an amazing difference we are very, very please and would like to give big thumbs up! to all the lads in Premier Broadband Clonmel, especially those who came today and carried out a very professional installation.

The ping isn't great but very acceptable. The upload is now better than our down load with Eircom!

NB: if you visit their website you'll notice it hasn't been updated in a while; you now get 2 meg for the price of 1 :)

1758074681.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭pat13wx

I forgot to add that all packages have a very decent download allowance; 250 Gigs a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

Hello Folks,

Does Premier Broadband operate around the Tipperary Town area?

Regards,

Chevy RV

Chevy RV wrote: »
    Hello Folks,

Does Premier Broadband operate around the Tipperary Town area?

Regards,

Chevy RV

I don't think so but contact them and see what the craic is. They might be able to help out:

tel: (052) 6184626

email: support@premierbroadband.net

Good luck!

I am with them now for several months and still very happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

Bansha is probably as close to tipp town as the coverage goes! What townsland are you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

Strange you got such a poor speed from Eircom. Horse and Jockey is on the Littleton exchange and isn't too far from it about 3km.

• Advertisement

It may well be better in the actual village. Our house, however, isn't precisely in the Jockey itself, just in the general area and is around 5km from the Littleton exchange. We're on the Cashel side of the village on the old Dublin - Cork road. I am pleased to say our BB situation is now much different, and we're very satisfied with the service we're getting with Premier Broadband.

Just wanted to show that Premier BB (Clonmel) have remained fairly consistent throughout.

3006687105.png

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Techspert

I wonder what kind of speeds you're getting now.

I consistently get 10megs down and 3megs up during the day. In the evenings I get maybe six or seven megs down. they throttle the upload at 7pm to just .5Megs, I believe they had issues in the past, but I sometimes need at least 1Meg up at night when I have friends over for gaming, so that's a pain. I had issues with Premier BB for a couple of months which they completely resolved, I'm now over the moon.

I'm in Kildare.

I have a screen shot of the speedtest showing 10.18 DL and 3.05 UL with 21ms ping, but I can't post images on this forum yet. Most of the time the ping is around 14ms which is fantastic for a wireless service. I was with Ripplecom and they are so bad compared to PremierBB, I'm with them for about a year now.

250GB allowance for you? I'm on the best home package they have and my allowance is only 100GB which is very limiting, not a lot for 2015 and three kids and a wife and two Xboxes. I wonder why they reduced it. eFibre is almost ready in my town, so I'll switch like a light to an unlimited package on Sky.

Advertisement