Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh beer alert: MM American Pale Ale

Options
  • 07-02-2012 6:07pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Messrs Maguire have a seasonal APA on at the moment. It's well hidden: on the ground-floor bar, among the mainstream beer taps, with a badge that just says "Seasonal Special". No mention of it on their website, of course :rolleyes:

It's absolutely gorgeous and a bargain at €4 a pint. The fresh hop-burst flavour won't last forever, though. I recommend getting in there and caning it while it's young.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Did they get a new brewer in or is this White Gypsy one?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

If you were to hold me down and make me call it I'd say this is Barrelhead Pale Ale rebadged, but really I have no idea. They don't respect their customers enough to say where the beer is from.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

I (think I) stumbled across this in the Barge a week or two ago. I tried ordering from the MM Haus tap and was told it was actually a pale ale. Delighted. I assume it's the same one, but whatever it was, it was tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BeerNut wrote: »
    If you were to hold me down and make me call it I'd say this is Barrelhead Pale Ale rebadged, but really I have no idea. They don't respect their customers enough to say where the beer is from.

A win win either way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Playoff_Beard

BeerNut wrote: »
    They don't respect their customers enough to say where the beer is from.

It's seems they hope that customers assume that they brew it themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

It also tastes even nicer if you have a smartphone with foursquare installed?! :D

Check in to messrs with foursquare and you get two of their beers for the price of one.

Check in and show them the screen on your phone. They usually look a bit puzzled, but they honor it.

Actually, come to think of it, they look puzzled either way when you order their own brews anyway!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

had a pint of this last night, very nice! Didn't think my diction was that bad but after asking for a pint of "Seasonal Special" the barman handed me a Guinness! Thankfully no problems with changing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Will be passing there tonight so should nip in for a swifty :pac:

Advertisement