Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackmailer gets his comeuppance.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

What was he thinking? Very sad for his family and the other lady involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

maiden wrote: »
    What was he thinking? Very sad for his family and the other lady involved.
    The guy is pondlife, as for what was he thinking? €15,000 i guess.

Between Lyin' Eyes, Vice Principal and now this one Sex Lies and Videotape, Ennis is making for interesting reading

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Between Lyin' Eyes, Vice Principal and now this one Sex Lies and Videotape, Ennis is making for interesting reading
    You can add prostitution to the list, Ennis got a mention on tonight's Prime Time - Special Report into prostitution in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

No, doubt The Clare People will have sold a few extra copies today with its main story. Tabloid in size and fast becoming tabloid in nature.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

The times,the examiner the indo and plenty of other rags covered the story also

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I only saw the report that was carried in the Indo. I feel sorry for the family of the individual involved but I have no sympathy for him. You can't expect the papers to ignore this story, he has been found guilty of blackmailing someone.

The times,the examiner the indo and plenty of other rags covered the story also

They did indeed, but the CP made it the main story on the front page today. Was that the most newsworthy thing to happen in Clare all week?

Balagan wrote: »
    They did indeed, but the CP made it the main story on the front page today. Was that the most newsworthy thing to happen in Clare all week?

Yes, yes it was!!! They didn't show his picture though like the rest did!

I saw Primetime last night too and its very obvious where the Ennis brothel is!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

He will get hell in prison, they'll be waiting for him, and good enough.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Thing about this though, why did the mother get away with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Yes, yes it was!!!
    Considering it's the Clare People I wouldn't be so sure. I was in court a few months back and checked the following weeks CP just to see what cases made it in. It was incredible, they went with two dismissed charges instead of a number of cases where suspended sentences were handed down. They don't exactly have their priorities with regards reporting serious crime in very good order.

JJJJNR wrote: »

Who knows why? If either my partner or myself stood by while the other of us practically slaughtered our dog, you can be sure neither of us would get the dog back into our care and we'd probably be banned from keeping an animal again. My dog is afforded more protection by Frankie Coote and the ISPCA than a child of a certain section of society is by the social services and courts from the adults around them who are not fit to take of themselves, let alone a child.

And as for Judge Carroll Moran? Well, look no further than his comments during the sentencing in the two cases, the case of the tortured child and that involving the blackmail of one adult by another.

Judge Moran said that the case was "fairly shocking" and the injuries were suffered by "a defenceless baby".
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/psychotic-boyfriend-kicked-punched-and-threw-my-baby-around-like-he-was-a-toy-3012731.html

Judge Carroll Moran said: "Blackmail is a insidious crime. It is mean and it can have appalling consequences for the victim."
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/builder-who-blackmailed-married-woman-over-sex-tape-dodges-jail-3011280.html

My guess would be that in the minds of most people, 'fairly shocking' might be words applicable in the blackmail case and 'insidious' and 'appalling' would be words, along with others, we'd use to describe the crime against the ten month old baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

He will get hell in prison, they'll be waiting for him, and good enough.

:mad:

Was his sentence not suspended?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

I agree, how the authorities think its in the best interest of the child for it to stay with its mother after this is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Honeydish

Let's hope the DPP is successful in their appeal. This prick Judge Carrol Moran should be struck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

buck65 wrote: »
    Was his sentence not suspended?
    I made that mistake too. Halfway down the thread they started talking about some lad who beat up a baby.

Advertisement