Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life assurance/ insurance

Options
  • 07-02-2012 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im looking for life assurance/ insurance for myself and the wife as we have a kid on the way. Just wondering what to look for cover wise and also is there some comparison site thats good for this or has anybody any recommendations?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭HowFinancial

Talk to a financial advisor (preferably one who deals with a number of life assurance providers). They should be able to do a price comparison for you and will also be able to advise on level of cover appropriate for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Im with Acorn I think ther're called. I pay 58 quid a month down from the original 70 at the start of the policy cause I couldn't afford it so they dropped it down to the 50's for me. At the moment im worth more dead than alive to the wife :D. If I died now she would get 230,000 and that increases each year along with my premium but the premium only goes up by a euro or 2 each year so far. They still pay out even if you die at 90 years of age.

I was looking at Irish life (ptsb brand I think) and altho the premium was only going to be 16 quid a month the policy doesn't pay out if you die after the age of 65 :mad:. So you could pay their policy from 18 to when you die but if you die when your 80 they won't pay out. Hence why there're policy was so cheap compared to the one im on now. Il also say my policy has benefits for illness too, broken bones etc.

Advertisement