Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantity surveying jobs Australia

Options
  • 07-02-2012 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi guys,

Myself and my boyfriend have been in Australia for nearly a year now and are due to leave in the next 8 weeks. My boyfriend is a quantity surveyor and was promised by his company sponsorship, but when pushed with forms etc they refuse to sign them so panic has set in and we are now desperately trying to find him a job as a quantity surveyor here in order to stay. Can anyone help out, any contacts etc? We are willing to go anywhere in Oz to work!

thanks loads :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 olearyj1

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 39,117 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

8 weeks to get sponsorship is very tight.
    Is a 2nd WHV an option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 loueeeeeez

Mellor wrote: »
    8 weeks to get sponsorship is very tight.
    Is a 2nd WHV an option?

No chance of a 2nd WHVit! :( you cant apply for a second one. we could have done our farming but we were expecting to get sponsored, yea i think our chance to stay is slim!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,165 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

A mate of mine who is a quantity surveyor had no difficulty getting sponsorship in from an employer in Perth. He organised this from Ireland - had to make a trip over to be interviewed - but he's here now, with his family. The construction industry is doing pretty well in WA.

8 weeks is very short, but I suggest if you really want to settle in Aus, get yourselves over to Perth for the time that's left to you and do some serious networking, follow up leads, talk to agencies, etc. It's unlikely that you'll have the sponsorhship sorted out in 8 weeks, and you will have to go home, but with any luck you will have done the spadework that will get you back here fairly soon, on a sponsored visa.

Advertisement