Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorey Entries Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

"Usher Irish Road Club has announced the opening of the entry process for those riders hoping to ride the ever popular Gorey Three-Day over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend.
    The event this year takes place from April 7th to 9th and is open to A2 and A3 riders only. The organisers have said the field will be restricted to a maximum of 180, with entries operating on a first come first served basis.
    The organising committee has also warned that with entries expected to reach the full compliment in a matter of days, those planning to ride need to get off the mark quickly and not delay their plans to enter.
    The event will follow the traditional route to Gorey from St Kevin’s Community Centre, Blessington Co Wicklow, on Easter Saturday.
    There will then be the traditional split stage on Sunday; with a TT in the morning and a circuit race in the afternoon. The race will then round off with the return stage from Gorey on Easter Monday.
    Won last year by David Cassidy (Stevens Cyclelogical), the Gorey is now ramping up for its 46th edition and has been one of the most popular fixtures on the Irish calendar for decades.
    To ensure guaranteed entries riders need to pay attention to the details specified on the entry form. Only completed entry forms along with the entry fee will guarantee entry."

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Have already posted my entry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

So do I. See you there kurtains . No wheel sucking again as pet usual

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I still have nightmares from last year race....

only joking. They stopped at least six months ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Diarmuid wrote: »
    I still have nightmares from last year race....

only joking. They stopped at least six months ago!

Do tell! The more accounts we have the better idea we have of what we're getting into. I think you said before, the first stage is about trying to stay up front and out of trouble (if you can) then hold on as best you can for the next two days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Tales from last year's Gorey on this thread.

Don't fret Vlad, that still leaves two places on the podium for you to target ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

Was looking up name to put on cheque and am reading on the web site that entries now closed.

Anyone able to confirm?

• Advertisement
Advertisement