Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping pattern during college

Options
  • 07-02-2012 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm just doing some research for an article I'm thinking of writing about sleeping patterns during college. A lot of people I've spoken to described their college experience as mostly spent in bed! Sleeping it out, missing lectures, feeling **** and self esteem suffering as a result.

It became a cycle that they felt they couldn't pull themselves out of and for those who have graduated and are looking for work, they say they are still in that cycle and some even say that they're afraid of getting a job because they'll let their employer down by sleeping it out.

I'd love to know if anyone else has had an experience like this or wanted to give me any suggestions!!

Thanks a million,

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Raditub

After months of studying like hardcore...i was down to sleeping twice a day for like 2 hours max each time :) was terrible habit to get rid of! But i managed...but i did feel tired and lightheaded for a long time!

I completely agree about your sleeping getting messed up and feeling terrible and feeling guilty etc. However, I got a job in August and I snapped out of it straight away back into a school-esqe schedule and I have to say i am loving working life. Better sleep, drink less, more regular exercise, better diet......I have to say I never enjoyed college

Advertisement