Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic 2000 AD editions

Options
  • 07-02-2012 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭

I remember classic 2000 AD being printed between 1995 and 1996/1997. Anyone know where they can be purchased?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Obvious but eBay is a good place to start.

And I'd say the classic 2000AD was '77-'81 ;-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

If you're looking for single issues, eBay or adverts.ie are the likeliest choices.

If you're happy enough with collected edtions, there are some pretty good collections for the higher-profile material (Judge Dredd Complete Casefiles, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Chapters have a hardback edition of "The Best of 2000ad" For €9.99 witch includes Dredd, Halo, Rogue, ABC, Death, Strontium Dog, Slane and Lots More.
    There is also a companion of " The Best of Judge Dredd" that has the Full "America" Story,"The Judge Child" And more.
    My Kids got them for Me last year for fathers day, the best presents I got in years :)

GEDC0239.jpg

2000ad has over 370 pages and Dredd has 300 pages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I remember these! They just had major character storylines like Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog and the Mean Machine.

They were like the normal 2000AD's with just "Classic" at the top. I had a few of them I hope I didn't throw them out!

51-kg6OwYEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41EI4-QegwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭sundodger5

2000adonline.com pity you missed the half price sale in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

I have all of these. They reprinted some great stories alright.

Most of them would now be available in some other collected form. America, for example, has its own trade collecting America and America II as well as the sort-of follow-on years later, Cadet. There's also the Judge Dredd case files: big, bumper editions collecting JD in order. It's just about to release its 19th volume!

There are Strontium Dogs, Nemesis the Warlock, Anderson PSI, Bad Company (a personal favourite!) and Rogue Trooper case files (usually over 300 pages) too. As well as more casual trades. Lots of material out there really!

Advertisement