Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACT 5 access control

Options
  • 06-02-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

im in college currently doing a course on security systems installation and maintainence. part of the course is access control.we are using the ACT 5.im having trouble getting my head around setting it up with a PSU a Break glass unit, maglock and push button.its the breakglass and push button that are messing me up.the teacher hasnt explained how its done at all.he just gave us the keypad manual and let us fire away at it.anyone whos familiar with the drawing given knows its not the most clear diagram.would really appreciate the help.thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭altor

This might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MarkC1987

i have this drawing.that one there is actually for a de-energised lock.i have the same drawing but for normally closed locks but its very confusing as it dosnt show how to wire for between the breakglass and maglock very clearly.i can do the rest.just keep getting stuck when it comes to adding the BG

MarkC1987 wrote: »
    i have this drawing.that one there is actually for a de-energised lock.i have the same drawing but for normally closed locks but its very confusing as it dosnt show how to wire for between the breakglass and maglock very clearly.i can do the rest.just keep getting stuck when it comes to adding the BG

Use the positive in and out of the break glass to the lock.
    Break glass broken or pushed, kills the power to the lock.

i discovered that last week.have access control class tomorrow.i will let u know if i sort it out, if not i will draw a diagram and show you what i have going on.ps your posts on dual end of line resistors really helped

i discovered that last week.have access control class tomorrow.i will let u know if i sort it out, if not i will draw a diagram and show you what i have going on.ps your posts on dual end of line resistors really helped

Thats what they are there for :D

• Advertisement

Rewired the setup today.had the problem of the breakglass not working again.everything worked other than that.got home and drew out a diagram of what way im going to wire it next time.does this look right? http://i41.tinypic.com/67tgdv.jpg

just relised i messed that up.should have the 12v from the keypad to the breakglass + in and forgot to put in the wire link on the keypad from the 12v to the common.other than that im pretty sure it should work

The negative should be in C, N/C then to negative of mag lock.

Advertisement