Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Connection

Options
  • 06-02-2012 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    my new camper has came with this gas connection and im baffled as to why it looks so complicated. I notice theres a smell of gas so there must be a leak somewhere.
    Has anyone seen a set up like this ? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

all standard stuff , just looks like someone tapped off for something extra , maybe a BBQ fitting? Spray it all with windolene or similar and look for bubbles .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    my new camper has came with this gas connection and im baffled as to why it looks so complicated. I notice theres a smell of gas so there must be a leak somewhere.
    Has anyone seen a set up like this ? :confused:

Nothing complicated about that.
    Just your regulator isn't sitting on top of the bottle.
    Ideally your regulator will be 30mbar if it's not really old stuff in the van.
    The thread on those bottles are a left hand thread if memory serves me correct..
    As for the leak most likely before the regulator as it's both flexible and high pressure but could be anywhere really.
    The rubber hoses have a best before date stamped on them usually, replace them if they any bit perished looking.
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

A handy way to see how to do just about anything is youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0QlMbu3Gik

You can also use washing up liquid water a brush it on
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o0MQwAfoKo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Cheers lads I'll check that out is there anything I can do to fit a smaller bottle? Like what connections will I need to change?

nothing , if you get a smaller bottle with the same internal thread.

• Advertisement

Right sorted lads. The paint brush worked a treat.
    I took out the massive propane bottle and replace with a 5kg butane n just needed a new regulator and attachment. Cost me €26 to convert without the bottle.
    Thanks lads. Just hope the heater runs off butane now lol

If it's a Truma , it will. Propane is far superior though .

superior in what way aidan ?

Advertisement