Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure if haunted or paranoid advice?

Options
  • 06-02-2012 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Well I guess I've always been open minded about this but quietly skeptical.

I'm currently renting a house only been here a few months and its a new house. Nothing happened up untill about two weeks ago.

So I had a I had this dream where an old women was standing at the door of my room telling me she was my grandmother Elizabeth (I never met her died before I was born) but when I woke up she was still there, I off course just but my head under the covers :o So when I looked again nothing there, this happened a few nights in a row. I described her to my mother and she told me it sounded like her. Also since that first night my bedroom, ensuite and landing lights don't work and won't landlord checked them no problems.
    This didn't really freak me out as I've always had dreams/nightmares like this since I was little. But two days ago, I was sleeping when I heard a large cracking noise, didn't know what is was went back to sleep. Following day I come to release it was a wooden picture frame on my wall which has completely split. The picture was of me and my father who passed when I was a Kid, would of been her son. I replaced the frame but when I came back from work today, the new frame had split in exactly the same way.

Sorry about the long post but perhaps you could give me some advice, I realise this could all be coincidence but just in case :)

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

any chance of taking a pic of both cracks?..be interesting to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cuckoomentoose

a-k-47 wrote: »
    any chance of taking a pic of both cracks?..be interesting to see.

TROLOLOLOLOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

TROLOLOLOLOL :D

Are you calling yourself a troll?

No I'm saying AK sounds like he's trollin'

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

No I'm saying AK sounds like he's trollin'
    I think it was a fair request to be honest. Not sure too many people would agree with you.

• Advertisement

maybe i've just become a little cynical from to long trawling the net, ah well no harm no foul

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

maybe i've just become a little cynical from to long trawling the net, ah well no harm no foul

anything happen since?

not since last night thankfully

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

cuckoomentoose, dont go calling troll around here. You wouldnt appreciate it being done to you. Report posts you think are out of line. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

BACK ON TOPIC- OP, sometimes, I have dreams that are very vivid and I can wake up, and still feel stuck in them. The time between waking and sleeping are the worst for subconcious thinking. I'd put this experience down to that, but if it happens again, I think you should look into getting it investigated more. If you have time to post the picture frames, indeed, it would be interesting to see them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

screamer wrote: »
    BACK ON TOPIC- OP, sometimes, I have dreams that are very vivid and I can wake up, and still feel stuck in them. The time between waking and sleeping are the worst for subconcious thinking. I'd put this experience down to that, but if it happens again, I think you should look into getting it investigated more. If you have time to post the picture frames, indeed, it would be interesting to see them.

When this happens are you able to move? Do you feel as if someone is sitting on your chest?

Maybe it's Sleep Paralysis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Well for me Ghosthunter, nope, never had any experience of anyone sitting on my chest or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I was sleeping when I heard a large cracking noise, didn't know what is was went back to sleep. Following day I come to release it was a wooden picture frame on my wall which has completely split. The picture was of me and my father who passed when I was a Kid, would of been her son. I replaced the frame but when I came back from work today, the new frame had split in exactly the same way.

Can you post pics of the wall where the picture is hung. How is the picture hung? Also picture of the broken frame too. Did the frame break in the same place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Well I guess I've always been open minded about this but quietly skeptical.

I'm currently renting a house only been here a few months and its a new house. Nothing happened up untill about two weeks ago.

So I had a I had this dream where an old women was standing at the door of my room telling me she was my grandmother Elizabeth (I never met her died before I was born) but when I woke up she was still there, I off course just but my head under the covers :o So when I looked again nothing there, this happened a few nights in a row. I described her to my mother and she told me it sounded like her. Also since that first night my bedroom, ensuite and landing lights don't work and won't landlord checked them no problems.
    This didn't really freak me out as I've always had dreams/nightmares like this since I was little. But two days ago, I was sleeping when I heard a large cracking noise, didn't know what is was went back to sleep. Following day I come to release it was a wooden picture frame on my wall which has completely split. The picture was of me and my father who passed when I was a Kid, would of been her son. I replaced the frame but when I came back from work today, the new frame had split in exactly the same way.

Sorry about the long post but perhaps you could give me some advice, I realise this could all be coincidence but just in case :)

Thanks for any help!

I'm not an expert but may I suggest hanging the picture somewhere else - it would be interesting to see if the same thing happens again. It would interesting to see if there's an issue with the picture itself or where it is placed in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Capt. Jas. Hook

Is there a reason why we can't have a photo of the split frame? Seemed like a reasonable request to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I was watching the antiques roadshow and a guy was telling a story of a haunting - the hauntings stopped when a picture was returned to where it should have been. Is there any chance that this picture was taken down from somewhere else and put in your home - I mean does the picture have a different home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

Is there a reason why we can't have a photo of the split frame? Seemed like a reasonable request to me...

I've been following this thread, and looks like the person posting this has closed the account. I wonder was it genuine?

Shame tho, interesting read. I seen the antiques road show picture thing as well, and that all seemed genuine enough.

It's a shame would have liked more info on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭MeadhbhL3

Have you since replaced the frame again? Has anything happened since?

• Advertisement
Advertisement