Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another teeth whitening question

Options
  • 06-02-2012 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hello a few years ago my dentist got me oplescence that i wore in the night,kinda hurt the next few day with sensitive on my teeth,dentist told me its not so good to be doing this to my teeth if it hurts so much,which i get,but im getting married now and really want the bling teeth can any dentist give me a bit of advise?Should i bite the bullet and go to one of those places that say they make your teeth really white for like 100Euro and ignore my dentist,who been my dentist all my life.Advise needed time running out :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Get it professionally done, these places where non professionals (dental nurses are not licensed to carry out dental work) bleach your teeth use poor quality systems which give poor short lasting result and are IMHO a waste of time. For example the bleaching material alone for me to bleach a single patient using good bleach cost more than 100 euro. That before the trays are made and the clinical time (2.5 hours) is paid for.

Ask you dentist for advice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

you could do the cold laser teeth whitening? no bleach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

There is no laser involved in bleaching, anyone that tell you its a laser is lying or not knowledgeable about what they are doing. Its a marketing tool to make you feel the bleach is working better. Its a simple blue light. There is still bleach involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Thanks for the replys oh I didnt realise they werent qualified to be doing this.Ill save my teeth and go back to my dentist and hopefully he can help.

Advertisement