Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antenatal classes Limerick for parents

Options
  • 05-02-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if there are any antenatal classes available in Limerick for parents? I have looked up bump2baby.ie but they only have antenatal classes for mothers only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Hi Mrmoe,

My mum said she heard something on the radio about mothercare shops giving classes and i think they were free too. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and I'll report back!:)

update! Mothercare do one night a month for parents to be with a qualified midwife and also they examine different equipment - buggies etc. Its free and afterwards you get a 10% discount card that can be used a few times. I know its not an antenatal class but it may help to meet some other parents to be and get some more info!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

The hospital do them alright,i was at a mothercare one ten years ago expecting my first and it was a lot of demonstrating their products...they may have changed since though.

Yeah I thought about the whole product placement with the mothercare thing..... I'll see how I feel on the night! I was doing a bit of buggy research over the weekend, OMG, they are more complicated than space shuttles (Well I imagine anyhow!):D

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Was in the maternity yesterday for 31 wk scan and i noticed on the noticeboard there is a parents-to-be night on in boots sometime in march,can't remember the date now :o There will be chats from midwives,goody bags etc on the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I was at one of the ones arranged by the hospital - it was the 'booking class', so very generic - 40 minutes with the physio, and an ahour or so with the really lovely midwife. You're supposed to go at 20 weeks

We were all given 4 additional appointments for classes, which should happen around 30 weeks.

Hope that helps!

Advertisement