Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What moment would you consider to be your greatest source of inspiration?

Options
  • 05-02-2012 4:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭

Mine was a few days ago. I'm currently in the process of applying to study Journalism and I was at the library working on a project for some free lance work that I do. I was having a real attack of inferiority regarding my work. I started to wonder if maybe I was fooling myself into thinking a career in writing was something I could realistically accomplish.

I sat back noticing more clearly the young woman of about 20 and man, who I would have put down as middle 50's, at the opposite table. They had been chattering in a whisper for a while and I assumed they were merely working on some kind of project regarding business. I was actually amazed when I realised that she was in fact teaching him to write!

It really made me realise what belief and desire can do to motivate someone when they want something bad enough. Here was a man who later in life than is common decided that he would climb a mountain I regarded as a simple molehill, refusing to allow doubt and shame to hinder his progrees. I've never seen something put in such amazing perspective.

Advertisement