Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbit herding sheep - how is this even possible?

Options
  • 04-02-2012 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭

The Journal just tweeted this video

I didn't know that rabbits were even capable of this level of intelligence. I've known other people's pet rabbits in the past and they always seemed like pretty daft animals. But this is really impressive.

I wonder how you would go about training a rabbit. I don't think they respond to human voices signals like a dog does?

Maybe Babe wasn't so far fetched after all. Bah-Ram-Ewe, sheep be true

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Run rabbit run rabbit run run run
    Here comes the hunter with his gun gun gun.

What a song haha didnt hear that in years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

later10 wrote: »

I wonder how you would go about training a rabbit. I don't think they respond to human voices signals like a dog does?

Assuming it's for real, I'm gonna guess it started by copying the dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I don't think the wabbit is actually herding. Looks like the wabbit is just playing which is natural enough.

If the farmers were directing him or the sheep were in a large field and the he managed to corral them then I would accept that the wabbit is herding.

What intrigues me is that the the sheep seem startled by the rabbit. Although elephants aren't keen on mice so I guess it's not that unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Kinda reminds me of Sarkozy and the Irish government

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

The rumours regarding me and the sheep are (mostly) untrue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Yep, it looks like the rabbit is just following the sheep about the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Those sheep are pussies.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

I saw a hare chasing cattle around a field about a year ago. Was driving from Sligo to Carrick and had to stop the car to watch. One of the strangest things I seen in a long time.

Advertisement