Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found phone

Options
  • 04-02-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Someone left a phone after them in abrakebabra about 2am last night. I tried ringing the last number but it went to voicemail and I cant turn it on this morning as it needs a pin number. If its yours please send me pm

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Could be mine, is it nice?:D
    If it's the latest iPhone, Android, HTC, iPad, fully loaded, it might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

georgem25 wrote: »
    Someone left a phone after them in abrakebabra about 2am last night. I tried ringing the last number but it went to voicemail and I cant turn it on this morning as it needs a pin number. If its yours please send me pm

Why didn't you just leave it with the people at Abra? Thats where the owner is going to go looking for it. You can't turn it on so there is no way the owner will be able to ring it or anyone else.

You really think the owner would come on the clare forum of boards.ie before going to the place where they lost it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

CptSternn wrote: »
    Why didn't you just leave it with the people at Abra? Thats where the owner is going to go looking for it. You can't turn it on so there is no way the owner will be able to ring it or anyone else.

You really think the owner would come on the clare forum of boards.ie before going to the place where they lost it?
    Maybe the person who posted works in Abra and was just trying to get the word out there that the phone has been found. I suggest handing it in the Gardai in Abbey Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Take out the simcard and see which network they are on, and make note of the Simcard number. Ring the phone company, give them the simcard number and tell them you have the phone, maybe give them a contact number for you or tell them you are gving it to the cops, they can put a note on the account and when the person goes to replace the simcard they can be notified to where the phone is.

The phone company wont give you their name or contact details, but atleast its a way of contacting them indirectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Take out the simcard and see which network they are on, and make note of the Simcard number. Ring the phone company, give them the simcard number and tell them you have the phone, maybe give them a contact number for you or tell them you are gving it to the cops, they can put a note on the account and when the person goes to replace the simcard they can be notified to where the phone is.

The phone company wont give you their name or contact details, but atleast its a way of contacting them indirectly.
    If it's pay as you go the company won't have the details to give. I know because I used to work for Vodafone and they only have details for post pay customers so the OP could be out of luck that way. I have to agree he might have been better handing the phone in.

OP would the number you tried to ring not be on your phone log??? It could be a friend or family member who will know by now that their friend lost a phone and put you in contact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭georgem25

The staff in Abra weren’t interested in taking it

I cant ring the number again as there is a pin on the phone

I rang the Garda station twice and no one has reported losing any phone

The sim card is Meteor - I will ring them and see if they can do anything

Advertisement