Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

payment protection

Options
  • 04-02-2012 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭

Hi. Hope someone can help me. I took out a loan about 3 years ago. 18 months into this i was made redundent. I filled up all the forms for the payment protection and sent it off. I got a letter saying x would be paid into my back account which was grand.

About 4 months into this I was offered a years contract by FAS which I could not or did not want to turn down as finding work around my area is next to impossible. Now this counted as employment by the pp crowd and the payment stopped.

Now that year was up just before christmas so i went and filled all the forms for the pp again and sent them off. No word since. Will they base my claim on the 12 month contract or my last place of employment where i was working when I took out the loan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

best option would be to contact the payment protection insurance company directly and ask them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Who was the PPI with? Some companies limit the claims you can make with them. So you can only claim unemployment once on the policy, some limit the amount of months you can claim for. It depends on the company and the contract you signed.

These companies are know to be slow in processing claims.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Just to let you know I was talking to one of the companies who do PPI last week, and they were saying that there's often a big upsurge in claims at the end of the year because contracts etc are finishing up. I had sent in a PPI claim for my husband and we're still waiting on a reply. Give them a ring and check, they'll at least be able to tell you if your forms have been received.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Jet Black wrote: »
    Who was the PPI with? Some companies limit the claims you can make with them. So you can only claim unemployment once on the policy, some limit the amount of months you can claim for. It depends on the company and the contract you signed.

These companies are know to be slow in processing claims.

Its with genworth. It says i can make a max of 12 monthly claims over the period of the loan. so far i have only made 4.

The only good thing is they have not refused to pay it so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    best option would be to contact the payment protection insurance company directly and ask them

Not helpful, these comments are silly because the OP want's to get a 'feeling' for what to expect so as he or she can be on their guard if the insuring company throws them a spanner.

OK, maybe the OP could have said, before I contact my insurance company, what are the pitfall to watch out for?

• Advertisement
Advertisement