Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK licence

Options
  • 04-02-2012 12:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

I'm working in Britain at the moment and looking to get a motorbike licence over there. I've got an Irish car driving licence, but can I keep that and get the motorbike one over there as separate or would I need to change over my car licence to a UK one?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

You can keep your Irish Car Lic, and get a UK Motorbike Lic.
    Same goes here. You can have a uk car lic and apply for an Irish Learner permit for a Motorbike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Do I need to apply for a counterpart for my car licence before I can get a UK bike licence, or just crack on and apply for the bike licence and not mention the car licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

flash1080 wrote: »
    Do I need to apply for a counterpart for my car licence before I can get a UK bike licence, or just crack on and apply for the bike licence and not mention the car licence?

No the irish license will stand by itself. However i decided to convert my irish car license anyway as it then becomes a credit card style license instead of the annoying fold out paper one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

No the irish license will stand by itself. However i decided to convert my irish car license anyway as it then becomes a credit card style license instead of the annoying fold out paper one.
    Cool, that's handy, I want to keep my Irish licence.

Advertisement