Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaining to eBay for sellers

Options
  • 04-02-2012 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

After selling a phone on ebay, the buyer opened a dispute stating the item didn't match the description.

Basically I said the case of the phone was marked, but the screen wasn't, when I described it in the listing. The buyer returned it saying it was marked and so, in his opinion, not as described

Because the buyer now had the phone, and could possibly do any damage he liked to it, just to get the refund, I agreed to have the phone returned and that I would issue either a full or partial refund (deduct the postage costs) depending on the damage, having assumed something happened while being delivered.

He opened the dispute claiming the phone was damaged. Even when I included 13 pictures of the screen from different angles, on/off etc, ebay still concluded the buyer was right

Surely I have some right to refuse to pay the cost of posting it out, not that it's a lot

complaining to ebay, through their messaging system, seems to be a complete waste of time, tracking down a phone number to get my point across to someone over the phone would be way easier

Has anyone an ebay complaints number? Am I just wasting my time
    Post edited by whiterebel on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

We ring eBay on 1800 948 010

You need to insist that the item was sold exactly as described in the listing .

Get your phone back and buy new covers and re-list on eBay .

• Registered Users Posts: 31 joebass

thanks allthedoyles, I'll try that Monday, their customer support is hardly 24/7, or are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

eBay customer support is open from 6am - 10pm - 7 days a week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

In the event of a dispute, you dont have to cover the postage costs getting an item sent back to you, whether the buyer is demanding it or not - the onus is on you to decide if you are going to alllow for that postage cost - if you refuse, you risk a neg, if you dont, you may still get negged anyway - complaining to ebay wont work -they are not interested in acting as go betweens with buyers and sellers, especially if there is an ongoing dispute with paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,974 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The decks are stacked against sellers on ebay, especially the small seller. It did not used to be like this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

The decks are stacked against sellers on ebay, especially the small seller. It did not used to be like this

totally agree. There is just too much risk using ebay these days. Way too many scam artists with too much free time to sit around and think up of creative techniques to screw people over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Its great to be a buyer - you name it, you can buy it, but small sellers dont stand a chance anymore. Remember the good old days of ebay years ago when a buyer who tried to rip you off could get a neg!
    even the message boards now are rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,974 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Yep, I sold 14 guitar lesson DVDs 2 weeks ago. The same person bid on them all and I have heard nothing since despite sending a few emails and opening an upaid dispute. I got all my fees back and now I can't even warn anybody else about the behaviour of the 'buyer'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭renas

Tiesto wrote: »
    totally agree. There is just too much risk using ebay these days. Way too many scam artists with too much free time to sit around and think up of creative techniques to screw people over!

100000000000% agree, best way never sell anything on ebay to protect your self from neg just use it as shoping for yourself only , anyways buyers protection program work just great , 6 month ago i got nokia phone from ebay, seller told me phone is free 100% no hasle everything will be fine, but when i got it i realise it was on orange network and what you think dispute helps a lot, i got 50 euro from seller to unlock it but funny is i could say it was locked but it might be sim free but nobody ask me do i want to screw over the person who sold it to me or not, because they just lock his account and they was sure it was his fault for sure, well it was sim locked anyways, but next time it could be different and nobody gone protect him from this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 renatomartins

Hey lads,

I'm listing an item on ebay, it went ok. When I try to revise the auction, it says they need to confirm my id, and ask me to ring them at 1800 948 010.

Problem is I'm abroad, and cant ring this 1800 irish number....

Any idea of what the +353 number would be to call them?

Cheers,
    Renato

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 dave34

no point in ringing the freephone number .. its a silly AI bot that will just send you to there (Now) hopeless ebay.com help center which is about as much help as trying to carry a gallon of water in a wet paper bag with holes in it!

Just purchased an item which I've been hunting for over a year Pye vintage radio.. transaction goes through ok buys item selelr sends via the global shipping program.. should be safe one thinks? Just got a message .. this is a restricted item heres a refund and no we won't return to the seller.. O'm like say what? How can a vintage radio ever be deemed a restriced item? Yet they have no issue shipping tablets, laptops, phones which have an explosive battery on board! and the seller is a hospital charity so they lose out on much needed funds and can you contact ebay for a resolution? no numbers the numbers you have just keep redirecting you to the website which is no help what so ever..

They used to be quite simeple and good to contact ...so here goes does anyone have a number to contact a real person? either ireland or UK? Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thread is 11 years old. Do not reopen old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement