Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from Meteor to 3

Options
  • 03-02-2012 9:19pm

I am making the change to 3 after being with Meteor since the very beginning, because the former offers an extraordinary prepay deal. With Meteor I have a bill - billpay lite, to be precise, which is getting cancelled at the end of this month. I am contemplating just using the simcard I received from 3 and changing using the same number. Is it possible to move networks from one to the other, while keeping the number, with the bill from Meteor still there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

I am making the change to 3 after being with Meteor since the very beginning, because the former offers an extraordinary prepay deal. With Meteor I have a bill - billpay lite, to be precise, which is getting cancelled at the end of this month. I am contemplating just using the simcard I received from 3 and changing using the same number. Is it possible to move networks from one to the other, while keeping the number, with the bill from Meteor still there?

You can only port your number once you have finished your contract with Meteor.

Aaahh balls. I was thinking that. Thanks. Was just going to port my number over and then leave that SIM card 'til the contract ran out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

What you could do is pick up a 3 SIM card and work away with the temporary number on it until your Meteor contract is terminated and then port your number over on their website

https://www.three.ie/CorporateForms/forms/portingrequest.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

I've heard nothing but horror stories about 3. Are you sure it's wise to change? Why not go PAYG on meteor?

TBi wrote: »
    I've heard nothing but horror stories about 3. Are you sure it's wise to change? Why not go PAYG on meteor?

Well the only horror stories I hear are about their customer service, which I can deal with. I mostly use my phone for internet access and 3 have the best prepay internet options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Worth noting that existing Meteor customers have been able to switch to this lower rate by calling customer services and asking for it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056447256

I think it's a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Mezcita wrote: »
    Worth noting that existing Meteor customers have been able to switch to this lower rate by calling customer services and asking for it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056447256

I think it's a great deal.

I'd stick with three if internet is being used.

I switched from meteor to three after the summer and love it!

was spending the 20 quid credit on internet (50mb a day woooo yuck etc)

switched to three and now with my 15gb allowence a day i have no fear at all. my bandwitdth watch thing says i usually hit between 250 and 400 mb a day with radio, apps, games, streaming and podcasts. so i'd heit that gb that meteor offer within a week.

I get this by topping up with 20 quid a month

Unlimited (15gb) data a month
    10 quid extra credit
    free texts (3000ish)
    free calls to everyone at weekends

so thats 30 quid credit i have a month for just calls during the week or mms or .... i dunno actually what else you can spend money on! have 45+ quid credit there now at the minute!

if you notice though that you are using it for calls and you run outta credit you can use skype or viber to make calls and texts using your data allowence.

No other provider in ireland can match it right now

• Registered Users Posts: 31 paulymc

Yep,since i have moved to 3 i have never had to spend more than €20 on credit a month. On meteor it was between €30-€40 a month because the Internet would use the credit so quick..

@Danniemcq You also get free 3 to 3 calls anytime :)

And im in Tallaght and the signal is better than meteor i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭StaunchyDJ

Well the only horror stories I hear are about their customer service, which I can deal with. I mostly use my phone for internet access and 3 have the best prepay internet options.

They are the worst Customer Care I've ever dealt with in over 6 odd years! Meteor aren't too far behind mind you but I'd steer well clear of 3 that's for sure! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Sorry, I am going to say it again, but Three's customer service is not the worst thing in the world. It's just whinging.

The call centre in India. Calls get answered nearly, if not, instantly. Yes, they ask security questions, as all networks do. Yes, they use a script, and it can prove frustrating, but it's not a problem. When they promise to call you back, they call you back. Yes, if there is a local problem, they aren't always clear on it, but they will check it out.

Okay, so they're not like calling a customer care department in Carlow and speaking to a native Irish person about a service, but I have found that they do their job bloody well. If you've any cop-on you'll be able to deal with them without any issue. Add to that the presence on Boards (albeit, not great, by any means in a general capacity).

OP, give them a go. I'm a very happy customer, and yes, it's the best offer by far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement