Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen and Faith No More for Sonisphere 2012

Options
  • 03-02-2012 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

I was right about Guns N' Roses in Ireland, and I'd love to say I'm almost as certain about this, but I just can't find someone who will confirm it. Queen are heavily rumoured to be performing in some form at Soni UK in a way of celebrating their 40th anniversary in the music business.

And please, no comments about the fact that Freddie Mercury died 20 years ago and that John Deacon is retired.

In an interview with the paper, Lambert said: “The intention is to pay tribute to Freddie and the band by singing some ****ing great songs. It’s to keep the music alive for the fans and give it an energy that Freddie would have been proud of.”

The singer first met the band when they played ‘We Are The Champions’ together on American Idol in 2009.

“After the EMAs, I heard faint little slithers of a backlash from people saying: ‘You can’t replace Freddie Mercury.’ But I already knew that,” Lambert continued.

“There’s no intention in my mind of replacing Freddie. That’s impossible. The way I’m choosing to view it is that it’s a great honour and one I’m in no way going to shirk.”

The newspaper also said that Faith No More will play the festival which returns to Knebworth House in Hertfordshire from 6-8 July.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Haha, How they got the balls to call themselves Queen I don't know.

Only half if the original line up and the winner if AMERICAN IDOL on vocals!!!

Complete joke and a slap in the face for all hard working bands out there

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

scudzilla wrote: »
    Haha, How they got the balls to call themselves Queen I don't know.

Only half if the original line up and the winner if AMERICAN IDOL on vocals!!!

Complete joke and a slap in the face for all hard working bands out there

Just like GNR ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

And please, no comments about the fact that Freddie Mercury died 20 years ago and that John Deacon is retired.
    No comments.

Brian May has truly lost his marbles, how can this clown front Queen, how can he even name this 'act' Queen

• Advertisement

WOW, speachless

1361869-queen-adam-lambert-617-409.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

scudzilla wrote: »
    WOW, speachless

1361869-queen-adam-lambert-617-409.jpg

Ehhhhhhh....

Well great news about Faith NO More, they must be working on new material if theyre lining up more gigs :D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like they have been confirmed

424917_10150579428698958_13766593957_8863763_1001141362_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

It's weird but I think I'm going to enjoy this because it's Freddie's music at the core and all a bit of fun. And Brian and Roger are enjoying themselves at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Fukn LOL @ Adam lambert's video

3cd8a33a.png?1306264975

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Must have been Lamberts plan from the start

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

adox wrote: »
    Must have been Lamberts plan from the start

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

**** him, that should be my job, at least since the Killswitch Engage boys never got back to me;)

Advertisement